From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||June 15, 2001|
|Bonded to||Not Bonded|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: June 15, 2001
- Joined Tower: June 15, 2001
- Raised Accepted: June 20, 2001
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 26, 2001
- Head of the Brown Ajah: August 26, 2003 - July 9, 2005
- Brown Ajah Membership & Recruitment Director: Date unknown - August 26, 2003
- Tower Tower Historian: March 1, 2003 - February 1, 2005
- Heart of the Brown Ajah: September 1, 2002 - August 31, 2003
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah: July 1, 2002 - December 31, 2002
- Library Editor
Naomi is not currently bonded.
- Ismene Gillandred - Brown Aes Sedai
- Raevyn Tsornin - Blue Aes Sedai
- Dawna Schinla - Yellow Aes Sedai
- Daria al'Falcoon - Green Aes Sedai
- Lythnia Roylin - Novice
- Miya Kiyoshi - White Aes Sedai
Other Tower Relationships
Married to Kelgan al'Moranwin
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2004
- Anniversary Party 2005
- Anniversary Party 2006
- Anniversary Party 2011
- Anniversary Party 2012
- Dragon*Con 2005
- Dragon*Con 2011
- Fall Ball 2004
- Fall Ball 2009
- Fall Ball 2011
Senior Member Interview
January 29th 2008
- What is your Tower name?
Naomi. Just Naomi.
- Why did you choose Brown?
I very quickly became very close to the people already in the Brown Ajah. Mind you, at the time there were 3 of them. We were one of the largest Ajahs. I don't actually have a clear memory of the transition from Novice-hood to being in the Brown Ajah halls. It was a very long time ago!
- Are you like the Browns in the Books?
Mother has jokingly introduced me to people as "Verin". I think this implies a "yes" answer.
- Do you love books and do you daydream a lot?
This actually seems like a silly question to me. "You mean... some people don't do that? ... Weird!"
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I was a Novice for a week and Accepted for 5 months (which was simply FOREVER at the time). I had quite a lot of fun, got in a bit of trouble, and invented a "question ter'angreal" with Jorryn Sedai. It was a ter'angreal that caused everyone in its vicinity to ask lots and lots of questions.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I have been a Sitter, Heart of Ajah (although it wasn't called that at the time), and Head of Ajah. At the moment I don't hold any position other than Aes Sedai, although I anticipate doing more for the Tower sometime in the future.
- How did you get to read the Series?
My older sister recommended it to me. I've been swiping her books ever since.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Verin is my favorite character, but I have never been able to keep the nations straight.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I attended Ani '04, Fall Ball '04, Ani '05, D*Con '05, and Ani '06 as well as numerous local functions. I haven't been to a party in much too long, and I dearly miss all my friends. Tower parties are like fluffy bunnies merged with adorable kittens and puppies carrying chocolate and roses. Do you need more reason to go?
- What are your favorite movies?
Star Wars (there are only 3), The Princess Bride, some others I'm sure
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Car pooling from central Illinois to Denver, Colorado for Ani Party '05 was pretty crazy. Camping during the Flood of Ani '04 was also crazy, but not my fault.
- What job do you have?
I have on-campus work study with the Computer Center as phone tech support. I don't hate it, far more often than not. I'm actually the student manager of the Helpdesk, making me at least marginally more important than your everyday, run of the mill Helpdesker.
- Do you have a pet?
I had goldfish for a while. My last one finally died last summer after 3 years. I haven't replaced him. Fish are a LOT of work, by the way. I would rather have a cat.
- What languages do you speak?
English. I've taken a number of years of German but to claim that I really speak it would be laughable.
- Seanchan or Shara?
- Verin or Adeleas?
- Board games or computer games?
Computer Games, definitely
- Coke or Pepsi?
Is this like a paired ranking system where at the end you tell me that I have an Oedipus complex because I like Seanchan better than Pepsi?
Neither, actually, I gave up caffeine quite a while ago... but it used to be Coke.
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm a Psychology major in my Senior year of undergraduate study. The college I attend is simply perfect for me, and I will be very sad to leave.
Graduate school may be in my future, but not right off. As much as in some ways I would like to avoid it, I need to enter the real world and see what happens.
I have lived in Illinois, USA all my life and am contemplating living somewhere else for a while.
As I write this, I am about to celebrate 6 months with my boyfriend, with whom I am madly in love.
Back to The Brown HQ