From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
She has waist-length, dark hair and a dark ivory complexion (TGH, Ch. 39).
- Around 991 NE, Takima is raised a Sitter for the Brown Ajah in the Hall of the Tower (ACoS, Ch. 11).
- She is talking to a petitioner when Nynaeve, Elayne, Egwene and Min sneak past her to meet with Liandrin (TGH, Ch. 39).
- After Egwene is raised, Lelaine, Takima and three other Sitters discuss how to limit the influence Sheriam has as Egwene's Keeper (LoC, Ch. 37).
- She follows Lelaine when Lelaine and Romanda confront Egwene to tell her that Delana intends to declare Elaida a member of the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 11).
- Egwene convenes the Hall to tell them that she has decided to rest for a few days. Right afterward, she spots Morvrin talking to Takima, which she connects with Morvrin's task to seek out a Sitter from her Ajah, though she thought that Janya or Escaralde were more likely choices (TPoD, Ch. 16)
- When Egwene says that a question of war cannot be shelved, Janya wants to know about the correctness of that statement from Takima, since she has read about the Law of War. Takima agrees curtly with Egwene and afterward keeps silent, while Egwene goes on, hoping for Takima not tell the whole of it. She refuses to stand for the proposal of war against Elaida and breaks into tears when it is decided (TPoD, Ch. 19).
- She is one of the five Sitters that come up with the talks of negotiations with Elaida (CoT, Ch. 16).
- Takima votes against the proposal of allying with the Asha'man and does not even stand for the greater consensus (CoT, Ch. 19).
- Beonin sees Takima riding eastward with Faiselle, Varilin, Saroiya and Magla, but she cannot believe they would find negotiations in Darein (KoD, Ch. 2).
- She is not present when Merise Haindehl and Jahar Narishma lay Rand's offer of bonding Asha'man before the Hall. Most likely, she is still in Darein, because of the negotiations (KoD, Ch. 23).
- She keeps her seat after re-unification and attends the meeting Romanda calls but does not stand for Egwene's proposal about how to run the war. She does stand for the proposal to give the Amyrlin and all Sitters time to attend any meeting of the Hall (ToM, Ch. 27).
- She teaches the history of the White Tower and can be as forceful in class as in the Hall (TGH, Ch. 39; ACoS, Ch. 11).
- Egwene is certain she can recognize one of her students at a hundred paces distance (TGH, Ch. 39).
- She remembers everything the first time (TPoD, Ch. 19).
"Varilin and Takima glared at one another like two maidservants supporting their mistresses, a long-legged wading bird in a scowling match with a wren." (Egwene; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 11)
"Takima said she thought it was the beginning of achieving the ageless look, though I don't think anyone has ever reached that until they've worn the shawl at least a year or two, sometimes five or more." (Elayne; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 24)
"Takima likes the sound of her own voice, sometimes. She must be talking to hear herself." (Morvrin; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 16)
"Almost as short as Nisao, Takima was a quiet bird-like woman, but she could be forceful when she wished, and with her fists on her hips she looked a sparrow in a temper, feathers all puffed out to make her seem larger. By the way she kept darting sharp looks toward Berana, the seating was what upset her." (Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 19)
"Even suggesting such a thing puts us against all the White Tower stands for," Takima said roughly. "We would be despised by every woman who calls herself Aes Sedai, by Aes Sedai long in their graves." (Takima about allying with the Asha'man; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 19)