Tar Valon Times Editor
Responsible for the publication of the TVT on the site blog, as well as the maintenance of its pages in the Library.
Position Level: Admin
Department: Department of Marketing
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The TVT Editor reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilies
- Manage and maintain Tar Valon Times Staff.
- Call for, receive, and edit as needed all articles and other compositions by reporters for the blog. Communicate with staff throughout the creative process each month, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Publish the Tar Valon Times on the blog.
- Be aware of important site, Wheel of Time, and other related news that bears coverage in the TVT. Come up with new concepts and ideas for the TVT to keep content and format fresh.
- Announce and encourage readership of each issue of the TVT on the boards.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Manager to ensure blog posts are shared through social media.
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Marketing about progress, issues, and needs of the TVT.
- Must be able to dedicate 10-20 hours a week depending on workload.
- Must have been a member of any rank for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to write clearly in English with acceptable grammar and spelling.
- Experience in writing/editing, preferably in a journalism setting, either online or in 'real-life' experiences.
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML, or the ability to pick said working knowledge up extremely rapidly.
- Must have a working knowledge of Wiki coding, or the ability to pick said working knowledge up extremely rapidly. Familiarity with the site Library is preferable.
- Must be able to stay on task and commit the necessary time each month to ensure the blog stays updated.
- Must be able to regularly and frequently check both the Editor email and the TVT discussion forum.
Originally the duties of this role were covered by the Director of Communication. In November 2009 the Department of Communication was dissolved. The TVT was then briefly moved under the Department of Community Development until the 2011 Admin Meeting. It was decided at the meeting to disband the Department of Community Development and to move the Tar Valon Times Staff and TVT Editor under the Department of Marketing. This transition occurred in May 2011.
- Aleita Taviah: September 1, 2020 - present
- Atarah al'Norahn: September 24, 2019 - August 31, 2020
- Maibella Rhoiden: May 1, 2015 - September 23, 2019
- Jeffan Caliarthan: November 2, 2014 - April 30, 2015
- Taelinn Dolivras: August 22, 2013 - November 2, 2014
- Stephen Lightheart: September 21, 2012 - August 22, 2013
- Jeffan Caliarthan: November 30, 2011 - August 27, 2012
- Erin al'Denael: December 5, 2009 - December 31, 2011
- Ninya Evoneigh: November 23, 2008 - November 2009
- Sela Narian: February 26, 2007 - November 23, 2008
- Rhed al'Tere: July 2004 - February 26, 2007