|Affiliation||San d'ma Shadar|
|Join Date||August 10, 2010|
|Bonded to||Fern al'Thorn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Rejoined TarValon.Net: August 17, 2016
- Joined Tower: October 19, 2016
- Raised Soldier: March 17, 2017
- Aspired to San d'ma Shadar: January 31, 2018
- Raised Gaidin: March 17, 2018
Previous Tower History
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 10, 2010
- Joined Tower: August 7, 2012
- Raised Accepted: December 11, 2012
- Warder Councillor for San d'ma Shadar:
- Company Commander for San d'ma Shadar: September 9, 2019 - February 24, 2021
- Honor Guard of San d'ma Shadar: April 3, 2018 - September 8, 2019
- Outreach Activities Team: October 4, 2016 - June 30, 2018
- Social Marketing Team: December 21, 2017 - June 14, 2018
- Feastday Award: Rock Star of Shaoman - 2016
Other Tower Relationships
- Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Feros Sandulf, Aspirant of San d'ma Shadar
Official Event Attendance
- Fall Ball 2019 - Tomball, Texas, USA
Senior Member Interview
Added March 6, 2019.
- Why did you choose San d'ma Shadar?
I chose SDS because I always wanted to be a Warder, and of the four Companies, this was the one group where I got along with everyone, well everyone that wasn’t hibernating at the time, felt comfortable being myself, and the Creed. The Creed was what sold it for me. I am a military brat and those values are ones that my dad tried to instill in me when I was young, and it is something that I very much want to live up to as I go through life.
- Do you fit the San d'ma Shadar stereotype? Are you obsessed with the female anatomy? Do you often imbibe copious amounts of alcohol?
Am I the SDS stereotype? Probably not, at least on the surface, you know, being a chick and all. However, I am very much a fan of the female anatomy (and the male), and I definitely enjoy various alcohols.
- What male character from the novels do you think would fit best in San d'ma Shadar?
Actually, I kinda think Birgitte would have been SDS. I know the question said male, but I figure as the first female SDS Gaidin, I can ignore that part of the question, lol
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I was 12. I’m now 33..
- How did you first get into the series?
My theater friends tried to get me to read them from for almost a year before I finally caved. They were all older than me and figured I could handle the series and that I would like it, but I had never read fantasy before that, and I didn’t like being told what to do. It took one of them reading scenes out of The Shadow Rising to get me to give in. WoT was my gateway drug, so to speak.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat, Lan, and Birgitte. But of the trio of boys, Mat, definitely.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
This is harder to answer. I love villians. I don’t really have a favorite though.
- Favorite book and scene?
Honestly, at this point all the books have kind of meshed in my head into one giant book, so I couldn’t tell you which my favorite was. My favorite scenes, off the top of my head, are Mat spanking Galad and Gawyn with a quarterstaff after being Healed, The bubbles of evil scenes in the Stone of Tear, Lan rescuing Egwene and Perrin from the whitecloaks when he just casually leans away from the ax swinging towards him, That dress is green, Birgitte and Aviendha handing Nynaeve and Elayne their asses over Mat. Mostly tiny moments here and there rather entire scenes.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Definitely not an Aes Sedai. I never really picture myself as a magic user. I think I would probably be Cairhien though. I am short and dark, but with pale skin, and I am fairly reserved. I was also raised in Louisiana and the Feast of Lights in the books certainly reminds me of Mardi Gras and the Foregate reminds me a lot of how, there is always something being officially celebrated here on any given weekend, just about. Shit, we celebrate mud so yeah. I don’t know what profession I would want to have, though I think I wouldn’t mind being a Gaidin there as well.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found it a couple of times, actually. I first came across it when I was about 18/19 ish, but could never make an account because I had the worst internet ever. I did find Wotmania, another site and hung out there for a few years, but they closed in 2009, so I went looking for a new WoT home. I remembered this place and made an account and played as a citizen for a while. I really liked that, but then I ghosted for a bit. When I came back in 2012, I decided to join the Tower and made it to Accepted before I ghosted again. Real life ate me for awhile. When I came back the last time, I had just been cleaned up, but, Integration, something they had only just started talking about when I left had happened and I decided I wanted to take advantage of it and happily started over so I could follow the Gaidin path.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I am a stay at home mom.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Video games, singing, baking, going to Renn Faires, driving, fantasy worldbuilding.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Anything really, it depends on my mood. I like rock/metal in all its forms, I like classical, showtunes, Disney songs, select country songs but as a genre not a huge fan, early rap, love me some blues, but really I will like anything that I can feel when I hear it. Music should be felt as well as heard. Or that I can sing.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Monster Squad, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Spaceballs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Dead Poets Society, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Supernatural, Count of Monte Cristo, and so many others. I am all over the place with movies I like.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Oh my gods, what is it with the impossible questions? Much Ado About Nothing is my favorite Shakespeare, Dragonriders of Pern, Rick Riordan’s mythology based books, The first six Dragonlance books, Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter, Kim Harrison’s Hollows series, David Eddings, Earthsea, The Chronicles of Narnia, though I didn’t like the last book at all. The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, Journey to the Centre of the Earth. The Princess Bride, Number of the Beast by Robert Heinlein, Good Omens, anything that twists or adapts fairy tales or folklore or mythology.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
When I was 5, I wanted to be an international jewel thief or assassin. I hadn’t really realized at that point in my life why that would have been bad..