Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor
This is a staff position in the Department of Marketing that helps ensure the Tar Valon Times is produced on schedule. The Assistant Editor is a moderator of the Tar Valon Times forum, and has article publishing privileges on the blog.
Department: Department of Marketing
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: 12 month rotation
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
Chain of Command
The Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor reports to the Tar Valon Times Editor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with TVT staff to ensure that all article/publishing deadlines are met.
- Is a TVT staff member and contributes at least one publishable item per month.
- Proofread/edit TVT content prior to publishing and/or format TVT content in WordPress prior to publishing.
- Assist the Editor in archiving published TVT content to the Tower Library.
- Collaborate with the Editor on new content ideas on a regular basis.
- Steps in to act as Editor when the Editor is unavailable, under the direction of the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain communication with the TVT Editor as needed.
- Must be a member in good standing. There is NO rank requirement for this position.
- Working knowledge of wiki formatting OR be willing to learn.
- Working knowledge of WordPress OR be willing to learn.
- Must be able to contribute a minimum of one item (not necessarily a written piece) for publication per month.
- Be tactful and considerate when providing feedback and edits to fellow staff members.
- Must be willing to spend 4-6 hours a week at this position. The ability to check on the TVT Staff Boards on a regular basis is a necessity for this position.
There had previously been an assistant editor under the title of the Publications Staff Manager but the position was discontinued. It was reinstated as The Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor on September 21, 2012.
Tar Valon Times Assistant Editors
- Leala ni al'Dareis t'al'Caleum: May 5, 2021 - present