The Tower in 2010
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2010.
- Main article: 2010 Annual Report
Padraigin al'Teirik of the Blue Ajah passed away July 5, 2010. A major event was the corruption of the material on our server and the resulting quick move to our long planned new forums. There is now only one log-in for the main site and forums. The community now utilizes Drupal and phpbb3. The merit system was introduced to recognize those that go above and beyond. The Department of Research no longer has a private forum, but rather there will be a public forum called Librarian's Desk. After receiving a reply from the IRS the focus changed to becoming a 501(c)7 versus 501(c)3. After trying to open up the Guilds to all membership it was decided that the Guilds would be closed and in their place a series of Discussion Forums would be formed. The Current Events forum was changed to view only. Written permission must be acquired in order to post. Tags in the post's subject are now utilized in this forum.
- Main article: 2010 Admin Meeting
Several changes were decided, including the decision to start a Merit Badge system. The limits for Emergency Aid were implemented. In addition, Helping Hands was created.
- Main article: 2010 Membership Survey
A membership survey was undertaken to gain information on the demographics of our members and for them to share their thoughts on every aspect of the community, technology and events that make up the experience at TarValon.Net.
It was decided not to perform a membership clean up. Members for the Hall are now selected by Senior Members versus the Administration. Senior Members who have gone through the guesting process may now demote if they choose. Junior Members may no longer be sent for punishment by Senior Members. The exception is the Jr. Member's Membership Admin.
- Main article: 2010 Raisings
Forty people were raised to Senior Member status. This included twenty seven Aes Sedai and thirteen Gaidin. Blue was the most popular Ajah this year, with ten people joining, followed by Green with seven, and Mahdi'in d'ma Dieb and Val'Cueran the most popular companies, with four new members each, followed by Dai M'Hael with three.
- Main article: 2010 Bondings
Twenty couples bonded during this year, with four bonds being dissolved and two bonds ending due to retirement from the site. Blue was the most popular Ajah to bond into, with nine of the Blue Aes Sedai bonding, and Mahdi'in d'ma Dieb the most popular company, with six Aes Sedai bonding into it, followed by Dai M'Hael and San d'ma Shadar with five each.
- Main article: 2010 Demotions
Four people demoted this year.
- Main article: Feast of Lights Charity Drive 2010
In remembrance of Padra Sedai, the organization supported by the charity drive was Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The total raised was $3,221.
- Main article: 2010 Online Events
- Bel Tine: This event was held between between March 19 - 26.
- Sunday: This event was held between June 18 - 26.
- Shaoman: This event was held between October 22 - 30.
- Project Gaidin: This event was held between October 2010 and March 2011.
- Feast of Lights: This event was held between December 23, 2010, and January 3, 2011.
- Seanchan Invasion: A mock Seanchan Invasion was run on the forums.
At the Admin Meeting it was decided that only service animals may be allowed at events.
August 12-15, held in Rauenberg-Rotenberg, Germany. 33 people attended.
April 9-11, held in Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK. 28 people attended.
March 19-22, held in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA. More than 70 people attended.
November 5-7, held in Washington D.C., USA. 24 people attended.
April 23-25, held in Atlanta, Georgia. 26 TarValon.Net members attended.
Fourteen members are known to have attended Dragon*Con 2010.
- Main article: 2010 Awards
- Amyrlin's Awards
- Main article: Amyrlin's Awards
- Member of the Year: Serinia Edoras
- Philanthropists of the Year: Deoan Kakarot and Tian el'Nvidia
- Unsung Servant: Tree
- Volunteer of the Year: Alyria Ess
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2010
Thirty-three Members' Choice Awards were awarded at Anniversary Party 2010 and at Winter Europarty 2010.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2010
The biggest change was the retirement of Eleyan al'Landerin as Amyrlin. There was a change in the board as Riley Maconnar replaced Arisaema Draconis. There was also a change in the executive branch, as Meilen Gevedon joined to head the new Department of Marketing. Leora Oldessroth became the new Keeper. The position of Online Events Graphics Coordinator was created. The Hall's purpose was broadened to include more aspects relating to philanthropy.