From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
- On orders from Gaebril/Rahvin, Morgase exiles Abelle and several other Andoran nobles who were loyal to her (TFoH, Ch. 19).
- Davram Bashere announces Abelle, Dyelin, Ellorien, and Luan into Rand's presence. It is five days after Rand first issued an invitation to them. They speak of who is to rule on the Lion Throne (LoC, Ch. 16).
- Rand meets with Aemlyn, Arathelle, Dyelin, Ellorien, Luan, and Pelivar, telling them that Elayne is on her way to Caemlyn, when Min arrives at the palace. He dismisses them. Abelle's name is not mentioned, but all of the other powerful ladies and lords, the ones who were former supporters of Morgase and who are in the city, are there. Rand makes a mention of "Aemlyn and Arathelle and Pelivar and Luan and all of them", so perhaps Abelle was also there (LoC, Ch. 41).
- Abelle and Ellorien seem to have vanished, and there are many rumors as to Luan's whereabouts (CoT, Ch. 14).
- Abelle is camped, along with Ellorien and Luan, several leagues outside of Caemlyn, with Aemlyn, Arathelle, and Pelivar in a nearby camp. Between the two camps there are nearly sixty thousand men (KoD, Ch. 17).
- Abelle and the others request a truce with Arymilla so that they can deal with the Borderlanders. Arymilla is still considering (KoD, Ch. 17).
- Dyelin travels to the two camps outside of Caemlyn in an attempt to learn what they are up to. Abelle and the others do not intend to join Elayne, but they have rejected invitations to join Arymilla. Dyelin thinks that Abelle may be swaying towards Elayne because he is noncommittal in his answers (KoD, Ch. 17).
- On the same day that Elayne is kidnapped, Abelle and the others break camp and move closer towards Caemlyn. Dyelin is afraid that Ellorien has convinced the others to support her in a bid for the throne and that they may be trying to defeat Arymilla so that they can take over the siege on Caemlyn (KoD, Ch. 32).
- For two days, Abelle and the others remain camped right below Caemlyn. They make no move to attack (KoD, Ch. 35).
- Abelle and the others send Arathelle’s grandson Hanselle Renshar to Elayne with a request for safe passage into Caemlyn. Elayne accedes (KoD, Ch. 35).
- Abelle and the others enter the Palace to speak with Elayne; they have come to ask for a truce while they deal with the Borderlanders. Elayne reveals that she gave the Borderlanders permission to cross Andor. Abelle wants to know what Elayne plans to do about the Black Tower; Elayne responds that she can do little but remind them that they are on Andoran soil. When she gives this answer, Abelle declares that he stands for Trakand. The others, with the exception of Ellorien, follow suit and remain to dine with Elayne (KoD, Ch. 35).
Abelle supports Dyelin Taravin for the throne of Andor and says he will ride beside Dyelin whether she chooses to ride for or against Rand (LoC, Ch. 16).
Ellorien and Luan also support Dyelin. They, along with Abelle, appear together to be introduced to Rand, and their names appear together more than once (LoC, Ch. 16; WH, Prologue; CoT, Ch. 15). These three camp together outside of Caemlyn, with Aemlyn, Arathelle, and Pelivar camping separately. When they request safe passage into Caemlyn, all six enter the Palace together but remain separated into two groups (KoD, Ch. 35).
Dyelin says that she is sure that Abelle, Ellorien, and Luan will bring their Houses to Elayne (WH, Prologue). Conail is certain that Abelle, Luan, and Pelivar will declare for Elayne once Arymilla has been defeated (KoD, Ch. 17). Finally, following Elayne’s defeat of Arymilla, he does so (KoD, Ch. 35).
- Morgase learns that Abelle is among the Andoran nobles who have not knelt to Rand (LoC, Ch. 9).
- His face pales when he realizes that Rand has used the One Power to chill the wine that he and the others are drinking, and he has to force himself to take another swallow (LoC, Ch. 9).
- Abelle ranks below Luan, Arathelle, Pelivar, Aemlyn, and Ellorien (KoD, Ch. 35).
"What does it matter who any of us speak for?" Abelle demanded. "If he killed Morgase, he will--" Abelle cut off abruptly with a grimace, then looked at Rand, not exactly in defiance, but definitely daring him to do his worst. And expecting him to. (Abelle to Dyelin, Ellorien, and Luan; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 16).
"I know something of the Karaethon Cycle," Abelle said. "I believe you are the Dragon Reborn, but nothing there speaks of you ruling, only fighting the Dark One at Tarmon Gai'don." (Abelle to Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 16).
"Lady Ellorien and Lord Abelle seem to have vanished completely, difficult as that has to be for a High Seat. At least, Mistress Ocalin and Mistress Fote haven't been able to find a whisper of them, or of any House Pendar or House Traemane armsmen, either. Not a man or a horse." That was unusual. Someone was exerting great effort. (Dyelin to Elayne; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 14).
"Abelle always was a ghost when he wanted to be," Dyelin muttered, "Always able to catch you wrong-footed." (Dyelin to Elayne; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 14).