From Tar Valon Library
Author: Roshen Aldazar
Arymilla is a noblewoman from Andor. She is simpering with brown eyes. She is still pretty, even if she is old enough to be Rand's mother, probably past 40 years old (LoC, Ch. 1). She is plump (CoT, Ch. 15).
She always feigns interest. She opposed Morgase during the Succession and Nasin has now thrown his support behind Arymilla for Queen (TFoH, Ch. 19; WH, Prologue). Her sigil is four Silver Moons on a field of twilight blue.
- Arymilla is opposed to Morgase's claim to the Lion Throne of Andor during the Succession, agreeing with other Andoran Nobles (such as Lady Naean, Lady Elenia, Lord Jarid, and Lord Nasin). When Gaebril/Rahvin seizes power in Andor, Arymilla is invited back to the Palace and spends some time with him (TFoH, Ch. 19).
- Arymilla watches Rand practice the sword against five men in a courtyard in the Royal Palace of Caemlyn. Other nobles are watching too. Lady Arymilla faints when Rand mentions the Forsaken (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Rand uses Arymilla (through Bashere) to send invitations to Pelivar, Ellorien, and Dyelin(LoC, Ch. 10).
- Lady Arymilla is in the Royal Palace when Rand meets with Abelle, Dyelin, Ellorien, and Luan (LoC, Ch. 16).
- Arymilla runs away from Caemlyn after Dyelin has Naean and Elenia arrested for treason (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Arymilla still wants the Lion Throne, but according to Dyelin she has only a little support (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Arymilla is trying to reach the Lion Throne and Lord Nasin now supports her (WH, Prologue).
- While Elenia and Naean are being moved from Aringill to Caemlyn, Arymilla's soldiers kill their guards and free them. In return, she forces them to sign some letters, giving to her all their support for the throne (WH, Ch. 7; CoT, Ch. 15).
- Arymilla brings four armies to lay siege to Caemlyn, with the support of Nasin, Naean, and Elenia (WH, Ch. 27; CoT, Prologue).
- With Elenia and Naean, Arymilla now has six Houses supporting her (CoT, Ch. 11).
- Arymilla very strictly controls Elenia and Naean in her camp (CoT, Ch. 15).
- Arymilla repeatedly assaults the Caemlyn wall (KoD, Ch. 13).
- She bribes two of the mercenary companies working for Elayne to switch sides. It costs her almost all the money she has (KoD, Ch. 17.
- She is captured trying to be one of the first into the city when her army tries to break in (KoD, Ch. 32).
- She fumbles for a blade that is no longer there when Lir and Karind declare for Elayne (KoD, Ch. 32).
- Her house us unable to pay a ransom and Elayne strips her and the house of titles and estates. Elayne intends to give her some in Cairhien as recompense (ToM, Ch. 50)
Nothing is known about her family.
She is close to Lord Nasin, the first to really support her.
She has some allies, but she can't trust them.
During the siege, she has the support of six of the nineteen great houses, Anshaw, Arawn, Baryn, Caeren, Sarand and her own house, Marne.
With her attitude, always pretending to be interested, she shows that she is clever enough to orchestrate some good moves and ambitious enough to use people to reach her goal, even if she lacks the wit to be Queen (CoT).
"You were wonderful," Arymilla breathed, lightly laying a hand on his arm. "So quick, so strong." Her big brown eyes seemed even more melting than usual. (Arymilla to Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 1).
"Of course, I am," Arymilla replied, brushing her overfed mare past Elenia without so much as a glance. Her tone was honeysweet, and sickeningly doting. "You know I'll keep her as safe as I keep myself." Smiling that empty-headed smile, she set about straightening Nasin's cloak on his shoulders and smoothing it with the air of someone settling a shawl on a beloved invalid. "It's much too cold out for you. I know what you need. A warm tent and some hot spiced wine. I'll be happy to have my maid prepare it for you. Arlene, accompany Lord Nasin to his tent and fix him some good spiced wine." (Arymilla to Nasin; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 15).