From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Asne left the White Tower with Liandrin and eleven other Black sisters. They traveled to Tear and stayed in the Stone until Rand claimed it. They then fled Tear and went to Tanchico in search of the male a'dam (TSR, Ch. 38). Asne and the other sisters moved into the Panarch's Palace to search for the a'dam, but riots in Tanchico forced them to flee once more (TFoH, Ch. 18).
The Black sisters regrouped in Amador and Moghedien arrived to take control of them. Asne was ordered to search for Nynaeve along with Liandrin, Chesmal, Temaile, and Eldrith (TSR, Ch. 38). When Moghedien discovered that Nynaeve was traveling in a menagerie, Asne and the others, minus Liandrin, followed her to Samara (TSR, Ch. 34). Moghedien ordered them to wait there until she returned, but she never did. Asne stayed in Samara until Eldrith's Warder found them. They then left Samara and traveled to Caemlyn, once again in search of Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 10).
Once in Caemlyn, the Black sisters spied on Elayne and the Royal Palace (WH, Ch. 10). They were also aware of the other Black sisters in the city. When Elayne tried to arrest Marillin and Falion, the two groups of Black sisters joined forces. They captured Elayne and killed Sareitha and Vandene. The sisters took Elayne outside of the city but were then attacked by Birgitte and her army. Asne used her ter'angreal to balefire the soldiers but was killed by Chanelle, a Windfinder (KoD, Ch. 32).
- Asne flees the White Tower with Liandrin and heads for Tear (TDR, Ch. 13).
- Asne leaves Tear for Tanchico (TSR, Ch. 38).
- Asne talks with Liandrin and the other Black sisters in their house in Tanchico (TSR, Ch. 38).
- Asne flees Tanchico and travels to Amador (TFoH, Ch. 18).
- Asne is ordered to find Nynaeve by Moghedien (TFoH, Ch. 18).
- Asne follows Nynaeve to Samara (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne leaves Samara for Caemlyn to try to find Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne and the other Black sisters capture Elayne (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Asne is killed by Chanelle during the fighting to rescue Elayne (KoD, Ch. 32).
- Asne would have liked Rand as a Warder, if she could have controlled him. She thought that he was handsome (TSR, Ch. 38).
- She was Saldaean and had all the famous Saldaean boldness (TFoH, Ch. 18).
- Asne hated embroidery. She also disliked wearing woolens unless she had to (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne had worn the shawl for roughly one hundred and thirty years. She had lost count of how many people she had killed or tortured during that time (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne has four warders, but while only one of them, Powl, is a Darkfriend, they will all do whatever she wants. She stopped masking the bond when she left Samara and let her Warders travel to meet her (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne had the long, fluted rod ter'angreal that produced balefire (WH, Ch. 10). She also had a ter'angreal that could kill or stun a person (KoD, Ch. 32).
"Asne Zeramene, with her dark, tilted eyes and bold nose, looked almost demure in pale grey, plainly cut and high-necked, but Liandrin had heard her regret leaving her Warders behind more than once." (Liandrin about Asne; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 38).
"Asne's tilted eyes, high cheekbones and strong nose marked her Saldaean, and she had all the vaunted Saldaean boldness. If she counselled against, if her dark eyes showed a tinge of fear, then it was surely best to grovel however much was needed to make Moghedien relent." (Liandrin about Asne and Moghedien; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 18).
"Asne let herself feel her four Warders, coming ever closer. She had stopped masking herself when they left Samara. Only Powl was a Friend of the Dark, of course, yet the others would do whatever she said, believe whatever she told them." (Asne about her Warders; Winter's Heart, Chapter 10).