From Tar Valon Library
Author: Arisaema Draconis
Marillin Gemalphin is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. She is also in the Black Ajah (TDR, Ch. 13). She is from Caemlyn (KoD, Ch. 31). She is quite fond of cats (TDR, Ch. 25).She is one of the thirteen Aes Sedai who fled the Tower with Liandrin (TDR, Ch. 13) and is captured outside Caemlyn (KoD, Ch. 33) and freed, presumably by Jaq Lounalt (ToM, Ch. 24). Her features are plain, and she has a narrow face with a broad nose above thin lips. Her hair is brown and described as "lifeless". Her frame is skinny. Perhaps her "dreamy" blue eyes are her best feature (TSR, Ch. 38; TSR, Ch. 51; TSR, Ch. 54; WH, Ch. 10)
- She flees the White Tower with others known to be Black Ajah. They steal a number of ter'angreal on their way (TDR, Ch. 13).
- Marillin is found in Tanchico with Liandrin, who has arranged access to the Panarch's Palace through the Children of the Light. She is quite confident of success with their plan to leash Rand al'Thor (TSR, Ch. 38).
- Moghedien reveals herself in Amador and takes control of the group, giving each of them orders. Marillin is at first surprised, and then she becomes eager to carry out her orders for the Forsaken (TFoH, Ch. 18).
- Marillin tells Shiaine that she cannot do what she wants, but that there is a woman already in the Royal Palace who can (WH, Ch. 10).
- Marillin is Shielded when Elayne goes to arrest her, but is quickly freed. She tells the others to spare Careane as she is one of the Black Ajah (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Marillin is captured along with the rest of the Black Ajah in Caemlyn (KoD, Ch. 32)
- She had heard of a woman Warder, but says nothing (KoD, Ch. 32).
Amico Nagoyin, Asne Zeramene, Berylla Naron, Chesmal Emry, Eldrith Jhondar, Falion Bhoda, Ispan Shefar, Jeaine Caide, Joiya Byir, Rianna Andomeran, Temaile Kinderode, and Liandrin all flee the White Tower together (TDR, Ch. 13).
Liandrin thinks to herself that if Marillin finds out that Eldrith has been killing her stray cats, there will be trouble (TSR, Ch. 38).
Marillin stood, nuzzling the yellow cat's nose with hers, and handed the creature to Gyldin. "See that he gets a dish of cream when the cook is done with you. And some of that nice lamb. Cut it small for him; he doesn't have many teeth left, poor thing." Gyldin looked at her, not blinking, and she added, "Is there something you don't understand?" (To Gyldin; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 38).