From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
She is bonded to Kennit. Her Warder is intent on killing her, despite the effects it will have on him, because he knows she is a murderer and is almost certain she is Black Ajah. Despite all that, Eldrith does not want him to be killed by her companions (WH, Ch. 7). She is captured outside Caemlyn (KoD, Ch. 33) and killed by Daved Hanlon during a failed escape attempt (ToM, Ch. 23).
- Eldrith leaves the White Tower with the rest of Liandrin's group for Tear. They steal several ter'angreal that allow access to Tel'aran'rhiod (TDR, Ch. 13).
- She leaves Tear with the others and heads for Tanchico on their search for the male a'dam. They manage to get control over Amathera, the Panarch of Tarabon, and move to her palace after they find out that what they are searching for is there (TSR, Ch. 38; TSR, Ch. 46).
- She is making careful notes from a tattered manuscript when Liandrin asks her if she has found a clue in those pages. Eldrith replies that she found this treatise in a bookseller's and that she is not able to extract pages from the King's Library because the librarians would know at once. And if she disposed of the librarians, she would not find anything in the maze of the library. Eldrith then repeats what she already learned two days prior – that what they are searching for is in the Panarch's Palace and that it is a ter'angreal. Liandrin tries hard to keep her temper in check, since it took so long to get the answer she wanted: no new clues (TSR, Ch. 38).
- One of Domon's men find the Black Aes Sedai in the Panarch's Palace, which tells Nynaeve and Elayne that what they are after must be there, but they still haven't found it, otherwise they would already have left (TSR, Ch. 51).
- Having fled Tarabon after being unsuccessful with the male a'dam, Eldrith and the others regroup in a Darkfriend's manor in Amadicia, where Moghedien seeks them out to assign them tasks. Eldrith is supposed to work together with Liandrin, Asne, Chesmal, and Temaile to find Nynaeve and bring her to Moghedien (TFoH, Ch. 18).
- When Moghedien finds out that Nynaeve is hiding in a menagerie, she orders the Black Ajah to follow her to Ghealdan – where the menageries are headed - as fast as possible (TFoH, Ch. 34).
- She and and the rest of the group follow Nynaeve to Samara, where they wait for Moghedien's return. Eldrith lets the masking of her bond slip, allowing her Warder to track her down. They leave the town for Caemlyn when they learn Kennit is there as well, as Eldrith does not want them to kill him (WH, Ch. 10).
- Moghedien leaves her in charge of the Black Ajah charged with finding Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 10).
- She is out in Caemlyn longer than appointed and returns to the mansion she shares with the other members of the Black Ajah, only to find Chesmal angry with her. When Temaile appears, it is clear that she has been in Tel'aran'rhiod even though they all had agreed not to go there anymore. Eldrith reminds the former Gray of this, but Temaile only says that Eldrith was right about Elayne and Nynaeve coming to Caemlyn, as she found out both of them are in the Royal Palace (WH, Ch. 10).
- She, Asne, Chesmal, and Temaile rescue Marillin and Falion, who have been shielded by Elayne and Vandene after being tracked to the house on Full Moon Street (KoD, Ch. 31).
- They bundle Elayne onto a cart and take her out of the city. Not far beyond the gates they are intercepted by Birgitte's soldiers. They hurl lightning bolts and fireballs at them until they are shielded by Chanelle (KoD, Ch. 32).
- She and the others are captured, loaded onto the wagon they had previously used to transport Elayne, and taken back to the Royal Palace (KoD, Ch. 33).
- Egwene thinks she could take on one of the Black Ajah in the World of Dreams, but not if two or more were facing her (TSR, Ch. 11).
- Eldrith seems to dislike cats, because she always kills those Marillin takes in (TSR, Ch. 38).
- It has been a long time since she has been to Caemlyn, a city she finds fascinating. When the Black Ajah stays there in order to carry out Moghedien's orders, Eldrith loses track of time in the city and returns to the mansion half a day later than appointed. She visits a good inn she remembers, but says the pepper sauce is not as good as fifty years ago (WH, Ch. 10).
- Asne thinks to herself that it is time for Eldrith to have an accident (WH, Ch. 10).
- Eldrith and the others have agreed not to use the ter'angreal to enter Tel'aran'rhiod any more, as she is sure Nynaeve has wounded Moghedien. If that proves to be true, Eldrith knows they would not stand a chance against her if they encounter her (WH, Ch. 10).
- If the Supreme Council of the Black Ajah ever finds out about their failures in Tear and Tanchico, they will be killed (WH, Ch. 10). However, now that they have been captured by Elayne, they are certainly going to be tried (KoD, Ch. 33).
- Like most of the Brown Ajah, she wears plain, unadorned, woolen dresses. Asne remarks that drab clothes suit Eldrith (WH, Ch. 10).
- She is surprised to know that Elayne and Vandene are channeling, when she can neither see the weaves nor the glow surrounding them. Then it strikes her that they might have discovered a way to hide the weaves, which would be most useful (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Unlike Temaile, Chesmal, and Jaq Lounalt, she is not fooled by Elayne's disguise as one of the Forsaken (ToM, Ch. 23.
Round-faced Eldrith Jhondar, seated at a lapis-inlaid table beneath a hanging on one white-plastered wall, was making careful notes from a tattered manuscript; sometimes she absently cleaned the nib of her pen on the sleeve of her dark wool dress. Marillin Gemalphin sat beside one of the narrow windows, blue eyes dreamily staring out at the tiny fountain tinkling in a little courtyard, idly scratching the ears of a scrawny yellow cat and apparently unaware of the hairs it shed all over her green silk dress. She and Eldrith were both Browns, but if Marillin ever found out that Eldrith was the reason the stray cats she brought in continually disappeared, there would be trouble. (Liandrin on Eldrith and Marillin; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 38)
"It has been a long time since I was last in Caemlyn. The Inner City is fascinating, and I had a delightful meal at an inn I remembered. Though I must say, there were fewer sisters about then. No one recognized me, however." (Eldrith on why she was out so late; Winter's Heart, Chapter 10)