From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyyri Moran
Caraline is short, pale, and slender, with large dark eyes and wavy black hair falling to her shoulders. She resembles Moiraine, but has a throaty, deep voice. Caraline wears the kesiera, the stone on a chain that some Cairhienin noblewomen wear on their foreheads. She has a green (ACoS, Ch. 35) and a red one (KoD, Ch. 21).
She is the High Seat of House Damodred and Moiraine's cousin (WH, Ch. 13).
- Rand is told by Rhuarc and Berelain that Caraline Domodred and Toram Riatin are the talk in the streets of Cairhien, and that they are hiding in the Spine of the World (LoC, Ch. 17).
- Rand and Min meet Caraline in the woods outside her camp. Rand tells Caraline that he intends to put Elayne on the Sun Throne. Darlin arrives, and Min has a viewing that he and Caraline will be married. Caraline tells Darlin that Rand is a cousin from Andor, and that Min is his wife. Caraline takes Rand to their camp (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- Caraline helps Rand, Min, Cadsuane, Niande, Samitsu, Riatan, and Darlin fight the Shadow-wrought fog. After Rand is hurt, she goes with them to the Cairhien, then disappears with Darlin once they arrive at the Sun Palace (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Dobraine informs Rand that Caraline and Darin Sisnera are being held as "guests" of Cadsuane Sedai. Some reports say that they tried to leave the city but were returned like "sacks". Min tells Rand and Dobraine that she thinks Caraline will support Elayne for the Sun Throne, and that she had a viewing that Darlin and Caraline will get married, and that Caraline will survive him (TPoD, Ch. 27).
- Dobraine informs Cadsuane Sedai that Caraline and Darlin are no longer in Lady Arilyn's palace, but on a boat headed for Tear. Cadsuane wonders whether this was wise (WH, Ch. 13).
- During the meeting with the Dragon Reborn in the Stone of Tear, Caraline converses with Min about men and clothing and stops only momentarily to shoot a death-glare at Weiramon, who made a remark about Cairhienin being "lilyhearts." When Rand tells Darlin he intends to make him King of Tear, Darlin asks Caraline if she would marry a king. Caraline replies she will consider it when the crown she will be given is pretty (KoD, Ch. 21).
- Caraline is with Darlin when Rand returns to Tear (TGS, Ch. 42).
Caraline is vying for the Sun Throne with Toram Riatin. It appears that she despises him, but he thinks that she will marry him (ACoS, Ch. 35).
Lady Caraline laid her crossbow across the saddle in front of her, running a gloved hand along it. Perhaps regretting that loosed bolt? "I could accept my young cousin on the throne -- better she than some, at least -- but..." Those big dark eyes that had seemed so liquid suddenly became stone. "But I am not sure I can accept you in Cairhien, and I do not mean only your changes and laws and customs. You...change fate by your very presence. Every day since you came, people die in accidents so bizarre no one can believe them. So many husbands abandon their wives, and wives their husbands, that no one even comments upon it now. You will tear Cairhien apart just by remaining here." (Caraline to Rand; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 35)