From Tar Valon Library
Author: Leora Oldessroth
- Elaida sends Covarla, along with Galina and other Aes Sedai, to capture Rand and bring him to the Tower; she manages to escape after Dumai's Wells (LoC, Ch. 55; ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Covarla approaches Elaida in secret to inform her of the failure to capture Rand and what happened at Dumai's Wells (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Elaide sends Covarla to the village of Dorlan beyond the bridge towns of Tar Valon to wait until Elaida sends for her (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Covarla, as the highest standing Aes Sedai in Dorlan, is in charge until Tarna Feir arrives; Tarna promptly takes control (CoT, Prologue). Covarla has to give up her room in Dorlan to Katerine Alruddin once Katerine arrives in Dorlan (CoT, Prologue).
- She is still in Dorlan during the seige (TGS, Ch. 13).
"You will leave the city as circumspectly as you entered, daughter, and keep yourself and the others hidden in one of the villages beyond the bridge towns until I send for you. Dorlan will do nicely." They would have to sleep in barns in that tiny hamlet, which had no inn; the least their bungling deserved. "Go, now. And pray that someone above you does arrive soon. The Hall will demand amends for this unparalleled catastrophe, and at the moment, it seems you stand highest among those at fault." (Elaida to Covarla; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32)
"Your impudence seems to grow by the day child. Perhaps you need to be removed and a more suitable replacement raised to captain that group." (To Gawyn, about the Younglings; The Gathering Storm, Chapter 13)