|Join Date||December 1, 2003|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 1, 2003
- Joined Tower: August 27, 2004
- Raised Accepted: November 19, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: January 30, 2006
- THE Tea Brewer: November 21, 2010 - May 1, 2011
- Head of the Yellow Ajah: January 1, 2009 - March 30, 2010
- Sitter for the Yellow Ajah:
- Spring 2008
- Heart of the Yellow Ajah:
- October 2007 - January 2009
- April 2006 - September 2006
- Tea Cozy: September 2005 - September 2008
- Members' Choice Award: Healers: Best Health/Wellness Adviser - 2009
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
July 2, 2016
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Yellow?
I am a nurturer and healer. It's in my blood, my bones and my ancestry. I have known I had Native American ancestry for most of my life but didn’t have any contact with that side of my family. In 2009 I discovered that my biological father was not dead as my mother had told me. He is alive and I went from being a 3rd generation only female child to the oldest of 7 siblings. I also discovered that my great grandfather was a medicine man and our family name translates into “Keeper of the Sacred Flame”. I have always had a deep desire to reach out to those in pain and offer help. I have spent decades learning about herbs and I have been an EFT practitioner for over a decade and a Reiki master for 7 years.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books? Do you care for people and love to heal things?
Hmm… yes? No? Sometimes the Yellows in the Books seem a bit stiff and unwilling to learn new things or think outside the box. I would like to think I’m a bit more flexible. I DO care for people. I have a lot of people in my life that come to me for emotional support. I have a lot of animals in pain or distress that show up for help. Some I take in, others I just assist and they go their own way. I also do NOT heal things. That has been a MAJOR life lesson over the years with lots of painful heartfelt lessons. No one is able to heal another, one merely facilitates the space, potential nutrients, medicines and conditions for the person to do their own healing. Even in the books, the Yellow are using weaves to assist the body knit itself together or find a way out of illness.
- Do you have a favorite Yellow Ajah character from the novels?
Nynaeve. She incorporates the knowledge of a Wisdom and the abilities of being Aes Sedai.
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I first read Eye of the World in 1996!
- How did you first get into the series?
Someone at Barnes & Noble suggested it!
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Egwene. She grew the most in the books and really integrated the best aspects of being a Servant of All.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Lanfear. She was a more complex character with more hidden motivations than the other Forsaken.
- Favorite book and scene?
A Memory of Light: When Egwene realized that Balefire was ‘just a weave’.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Oh I’d be a Wisdom or an Aes Sedai!
- General Questions
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found it as a link from Dragonmount. I felt welcomed here, got to know some amazing people, found my ‘voice’ again and to say that being a part of this community helped save my life is not a lie or exaggeration. The people that have become my friends have really been a major support for me during some very dark times and have celebrated all the joys as well.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I’m a homeschool mom and I work full time as a call center Operations Manager. I’m a boss lady!
- Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, crochet, yoga, QiGong, tea, singing, meditation.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Almost anything! Americana, Swing, Blues, Spanish, Irish, Scottish, pop, rock, classical, folk..really about anything!
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Game of Thrones, Outlander, The Fosters, The United States of Tara, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Longmire, Marvel/DC movies.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Outlander, Game of Thrones, Anita Blake and Merry Gentry, The Promethean Age, Mercy Thompson.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
A nurse, an actor, a teacher and a lawyer. So basically.. I did all that by becoming a mom!