From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||December 1, 2003|
|Bonded to||Hasan Iesa Al-Anzi|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 1, 2003
- Joined Tower: August 27, 2004
- Raised Accepted: November 19, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: January 30, 2006
- Plotting to take over the world
- THE Tea Brewer: November 21, 2010 - May 1, 2011
- Head of the Yellow Ajah: January 1, 2009 - March 30, 2010
- Sitter in the Hall for the Yellow Ajah:
- Spring 2008
- Spring 2008
- Heart of the Yellow Ajah:
- April 2006 - September 2006
- October 2007 - January 2009
- Tea Cozy: September 2005 - September 2008
Other Tower Relationships
- Married to Hasan Iesa Al-Anzi
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
Estalia Walburga, Senior Member Interview, February 15, 2008
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah?
February 1, 2006
- Why did you choose Yellow?
I choose Yellow because my Life Purpose is about healing, helping others and lifting up people's spirits.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books?
Well... I am a bit like Nynaeve in that I use herbs a lot in my daily life and am a big proponent of "alternate" healing modalities. I'm not like the Yellows in as far as being close minded about other ways of working towards wellness. Even though I don't always agree that using allopathic medicine is the be all and end all of wellness, I recognize it has it's place. I choose a much more integrated and holistic approach to wellness.
- Do you care for people and love to heal things?
I do. I really do. I have always enjoyed helping others but it took me a few years to find in myself how I wanted to express that. I became interested in herbs for my own wellness about 19 years ago and it has grown into a love of learning more about them and also for all kinds of holistic healing approaches, nutrition, Qi Gong, EFT, homeopathics, yoga, etc. I love to teach and find myself drawn to doing so especially about all things holistic.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I enjoyed my time as a Citizen. I learned a lot about how an online community forum works. It was a great experience! I had only ever been a part of email groups like YahooGroups. My time as a Novice flew by and suddenly I was an Accepted. Choosing Yellow was an easy choice for me, though I really thought about all the Ajahs to be sure I ended up at my Ajah 'home'. I was an Accepted for a while. That was also a great experience!
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I have been a member since December 5, 2004.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I have been the Heart of the Yellow Ajah and I am serving as Heart again starting October 2007.
- How did you get to read the Series?
My husband and I were at Barnes and Noble around November of 1997. We were looking at books and someone browsing in the same row recommended the series to us. We bought The Eye of the World and the very next day went back and bought all the books that were out at the time.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am bonded to Hasan Iesa Al-Anzi, Gaidin of the Val Cueran and real life husband.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
It is a toss up between Perrin, who reminds me very much of my husband and Aviendha, who is just a cool person.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any
future functions?) We have only attended one unofficial function, where we met up with about 20 Tower people. All the people were great! We have had a couple of other Tower folks to our house and enjoyed their company a lot. Real Life Functions are a great way to deepen connections that we make through the online community.
- What kind of music do you like?
I like all kinds of music. I have very eclectic tastes from Classical to current popular music in almost all formats. Music is music and I don't discriminate.
- What are your favorite movies?
Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbean
Master and Commander
The Last Mimzy
Star Wars (all of them)
Star Trek (all of them)
The 5th Element
Kate & Leopold
Tristan & Isolde
What the Bleep?
Monty Python & the Holy Grail
Letters to Frankie
- What job do you have?
"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (love for my family and my Life Purpose) and already have six credits (3 sons and 3 daughters).. Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money." Don't know who wrote that first but it is spot on as far as a description of my "job". I am also a small business owner and an EFT Practitioner.
- Do you have a pet?
I don't have any pets at the moment, but we are looking forward to having a kitty,a Border Collie and a whole menagerie of other animals when we buy our ranch.
- What languages do you speak?
I speak English and a bit of Spanish.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
A nurse or a teacher.
- Min or Aviendha?
- Sword or Spear?
- Candy or Cookies?
Dark chocolate truffles
- Clothing or Make up?
- A short bio about yourself.
About me... I was born in 1969, I have been married to the same wonderful and awesome man since 1989 and we have 6 children that we homeschool.We live in the great State of Wyoming in the USA. I work with nutritional products and as an EFT Practitioner. I am an avid reader on a wide variety of subjects. I read everything from fantasy to leadership to romance to quantum physics. I love a great and challenging conversation filled with wit and humor. I can enjoy Spamalot as much as Mansfield Park or Serenity. I like to laugh, love, eat great food and give hugs!