From Tar Valon Library
|Birthday||February 6, 1989|
|Title||Tar Valon Times Staff|
|Join Date||August 8, 2010|
|Bonded to||Stephen Lightheart|
|Link to Forum Profile|
Previously known as Lauraine Berryn.
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 8, 2010
- Joined Tower: October 4, 2010
- Raised Accepted: March 25, 2011
- Aspired Green: July 2, 2011
- Raised Aes Sedai: December 16, 2011
- Heart of the Green Ajah: January 1, 2013 - present
- Tar Valon Times Staff: October 10, 2012 - present
- Green Herald: September 1, 2012 - present
- Tar Valon Times Staff: July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012
- Outreach Activities Team: May 22, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Online Events Team: January 25, 2011 - May 22, 2011
Other Tower Relationships
- Married to Azi al'Thone
Official Event Attendance
- JordanCon 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2011 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2012 - New York City, New York, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
January 4, 2012
- Why did you choose Green?
I define being green as being a strong, passionate individual who fights for what they believe in and those they love. To me, being green is about striving to be the best person I can be and coming out of every situation a better and stronger person. It's about not giving up when life gets tough, speaking your mind when it matters, and staying true to one's self in the meantime. I choose Green, because that is who I feel I am as an individual.
- Are you like the Greens in the books? Do you like to have fun with men? Are you a fierce warrior?
In some ways, I am like the Greens in the books. In other ways, not so much. I don't fit the stereotypical Green mold in many ways- I'm more introverted and slow to warm up to people. I consider myself to be loyal, honest and passionate about those I love. I've always got along better with men than with woman, my friendships with them tend to come a bit more naturally. I love men, and I appreciate men, and in a way I prefer men, but I love my close female friends, too. I don't think anyone has ever described me as fierce, but especially when pushed, I will fight for what I believe to be true.
- What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about people. My career field stems from the passion of loving children and hoping to form a positive influence and a strong foundation for future success at an early age. More so than that, I am a passionate about those who impact my life positively- be that through mentoring, family or friendships. I don't consider myself to be an overly bubbly person ( I am shy and usually withdrawn), but those I love, I love wholeheartedly.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I began a fan of the series after attending my first JordanCon. I went with Anthony to JordanCon in 2010, had dinner one night with Eleyan, (who was then the Amyrlin) and Padra Sedai. After talking with them for a bit, and meeting a few other cool people, we decided to join the website. Not long after, I started reading the books. I'm one of the few people who can say that they joined the site without previously having been a fan of the series!
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
Well, I sorta described how I was introduced to the website above, so I will ignore that bit. What convinced me to stay and become a Senior Member was the same thing that convinced me to join the website in the first place, and that is obviously- the people on the site. Really, a large part of what makes this site work differently than other online forums and fansites are all of the real life events. I've been so lucky to meet so many awesome people, some of which I consider to be my closest friends. This is not just a website to me in any sense- its a place I can come to at the end of the day to be myself and be surrounded by great people.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I studied Early Childhood Education in Collage and have since then spent time working in several local Ontario Day Nurseries. Currently, I am a full time live-out nanny of an awesome 4 year old boy. We spend our days going to playgroups, building forts and mucking around in play dough. Basically, I get paid to play :)
- Do you have any hobbies?
I love to read, to write, to cook and consequently eat- but most of all, I love spending time with my husband and those I love.