|Join Date||March 10, 2003|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 10, 2003
- Joined Tower: March 10, 2003
- Raised Accepted: March 17, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 21, 2006
- Social Marketing Team: May 31, 2016 - May 30, 2018
- Department of Technology Staff: April 18, 2017 - August 18, 2017
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah:
- Tower Voice: November 24, 2009 - August 24, 2011
- Mind of the Brown Ajah: 2007
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2017 - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
Updated March 10, 2019.
- Why did you choose Brown?
It just felt right. It's hard to give one specific reason. Some of the stereotypes apply to me (Brown outs, anyone?), but more than that it's our group dynamic and shared love of learning a knowledge. It feels like home.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
I definitely do love books and learning, and I daydream a lot. But I think I'm more outgoing than book Browns. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an extrovert, but I enjoy spending time with people (as long as I can come home to some peace, quiet, and a good book or video game).
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
Verin. Always Verin.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
My mom bought me the Eye of the World.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Rand, Mat, and Moiraine.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Darth Vader :look Semhirage, Asmodean, Graendal
- Favorite book and scene?
Lord of Chaos is my favorite book. It's hard to pick one favorite scene. So I'll give a couple (in no particular order): Rand and Tam in ToM; Egwene in the Last Battle; Dumai's Wells; That scene with Verin.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I'd be hard pressed to choose between a Brown Sister and a traveling bard.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I think I found it through a link on Dragonmount ages ago. I didn't stay on Dragonmount long but I did stay here. I stayed because of the people. I love my Tower family.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a IT system analyst / software engineer, and a semi-pro musician.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Loving on my dog, travel, music, gaming (video and tabletop), reading, sleeping. Pretty much in that order.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I listen to a really wide variety, but lately I tend to gravitate towards indie pop, dreampop, alternative rock, soul, r&b, and bluegrass. I'll listen to almost anything, other than maybe polka and modern country. Oh- and I love basically everything John Williams has ever done.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Empire Strikes Back, GOT, Star Trek TNG, The IT Crowd, Lovesick, The Clone Wars, My Neighbor Totoro, Moulin Rouge, Long Way Round, The Big Lebowski, Office Space
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Most things by Bill Bryson, Hokkaido Highway Blues by Will Ferguson, The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Kushiel's Legacy trilogy by Jacqueline Carey, a whole bunch of stuff by Mercedes Lackey, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, Unicorns I Have Known by Robert Vavra, probably other things I'm forgetting.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Does "mermaid" count?