Formerly known as Blythe Alawdin.
|Online Activities Team
|January 27, 2022
|Link to Forum Profile
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 27, 2022
- Joined Tower: May 4, 2022
- Raised Accepted: August 28, 2022
- Aspired to the Red Ajah: November 15, 2022
- Raised Aes Sedai: December 2, 2023
- Online Activities Team: November 4, 2023 - present
- Editor: August 25, 2022 - September 30, 2023
- Council Representative for Accepted and Soldiers: Spring 2023
- Feastday Award: Spirit of Shaoman - 2022
- Nymala Ingasy, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Demonfaer al'Dreamteare, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
- Faeril Munlear, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Tower Sworn Interview
December 7, 2023
- Why did you choose Red?
I chose Red because their support system is incredible and it's where I can be who I am as a person without being judged. I love the tight knit atmosphere and feeling comfortable asking for advice or simply for an ear to listen if I need to vent or during a low spell.
- Are you like the Red in the Books? Do you dislike men? Are you a driven person with their own goals in life?
I'm so far and away from being like a Book Red. I don't hate men. I'd say I am driven when it comes to pursuing small goals while bigger goals are something that takes longer usually due to anxiety.
- Do you have a favorite Red Ajah character from the novels?
Elaida is my absolute favorite and she's a character that's really fascinating to me for the choices she makes and how she executes them. Pevara and Teslyn are close behind her.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Not very long, only about two and a half years now I think.
- How did you first get into the series?
Seeing people talking about Moiraine and Siuan being a couple in the show is what got me to start reading the books but even though they're not together in the books I fell in love with the series. I started near the end of 2021 and read all of them within a six month span because I couldn't put them down.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat is my favorite. I hated him in the beginning thinking he was whiny and irritating but by The Shadow Rising he really began growing on me. He never sacrifices who he is as a person and even through constantly saying he's not a hero he does several selfless acts.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
It's a tie between Moghedien and Elaida. They're both messy for their own reasons and I love a villain that's an absolute hot mess disaster.
- Favorite book and scene?
There's so many to choose from! I love the scenes with Mat dealing with the Eelfinn and Aelfinn, the scene between Egwene and Verin, pretty much every scene Aviendha is in.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
If I was set down in Randland I'd be a Brown Aes Sedai tucked away in some dusty library or equally dusty chambers researching everything and anything.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Tower Sworn?
I found TVN through Twitter and had checked the site out but put it on the back burner for a while to think about. It had been more than a decade since I'd been on an online forum but I also loved there was a community available to talk about the books and more. I had initially joined Dragonmount but didn't care for the community there or how commercial it felt. That lead me to circle back around to TVN and finally joining and I'm so glad I did! Even though breaking the ice of such an established community is hard it's been worth the journey to meet some truly amazing people.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I work as an in home pet sitter. I do daily visits but I also stay overnight for the length time the owner is gone to take care of their pets. This also includes getting the mail, taking their garbage down, watering plants. I'll also give medicine if the pet needs it.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Reading first and foremost, I've been an avid reader since I was a kid. I love fiction but also have some special areas of interest in non-fiction regarding the paranormal, historical fashion, and medical history but I'll read anything that catches my eye. I also love photography and taking photos of things I find interesting. Flowers and nature are some of my favorites. I do like to craft but I'm not a very good crafter because I'm incredibly slow bouncing between making jewelry, practicing crochet, and now quilling. I also collect postcards, enamel pins/buttons, and rocks and minerals.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Mostly musical and movie soundtracks. There's an odd smattering of 70s/80s/90s music, symphonic metal, classical, folk, and country mixed in there. I feel like the most picky person about music because there is a specific sound I want that's bold and dramatic.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I don't watch a lot of tv shows but I like cooking competitions like Great British Bake Off and Holiday Baking Championship. I like Secrets of the Zoo and Dr. Pol. Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife are high on the favorites list with WOT too of course. My favorite movies are Titanic, The Great Gatsby, Moulin Rouge, The Ring, The Joyluck Club, Dreamgirls, and so many more.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Stormlight Archive, Mistborn era 2, the Grishaverse, Shades of Magic trilogy, Bone Season. I love graphic novels and some manga with my favorites being American Vampire, Saga, Lore Olympus, Tiger,Tiger, Sailor Moon, D. Gray-man, and Witch Hat Atelier.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I devoured James Herriot's books when I growing up after falling in love with them when I received his book of dog stories for Christmas one year. I read that book until it was falling apart. Because of those books I wanted to be a veterinarian and help animals.