|Join Date||July 4, 2005|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: July 4, 2005
- Joined Tower: August 27, 2006
- Raised Soldier: December 27, 2007
- Raised Gaidin: May 1, 2009
- Bonded to Dovienya el'Korim, then Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: July 10, 2009 - July 1, 2018
Other Tower Relationships
- Married to Velaris Ly'enn, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
January 7, 2010
- Why did you choose Dai M'Hael?
Laid back and easy going. Great group of guys and gals. Felt most at home and among the most friends there.
- How was your time as Citizen/Recruit/Soldier?
Very long for each. :p I enjoyed every aspect of the journey. Each has it's own unique perspective and role in the community and I am glad to have experienced each to its fullest. Way fullest. *lol*
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I try to involve myself with all the newer people. I remember how daunting it can be at first and strive to make new people feel welcomed and included.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I saw the first four books at the local bookstore. Once I saw that the series was already to it's fifth book and showed no signs of slowing down, I figured it was perfect. I always hated when a series ended and also liked the fact that not only were there five books ready for reading, but that I could get four of them right then, they would be perfect as I wouldn't have to wait the Light knows how long to pick up the next part of the story. If I only knew what the future would hold. *lol*
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
To my dear friend, the wonderful Dovienya el'Korim of the White Ajah.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
Ghaul Ronshor, at this time. He's a soldier so it proabably won't be long before I'll need another.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Too hard to choose any one favorite character. Favorite nation I guess would have to be the Aiel. They're so different from all the rest. Able to put aside their differences and greed and such when necessary and unite for a common goal. If only RL nations could be that way. :p
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I have not attended any "official" functions, though my wife, Velaris of the Gray Ajah, has. I did get to attend the "unofficial" opening day of D*con this year and that was awesome! I have been to several unofficial get togethers. It was, in fact, the gathering of mittenfolk at the Michigan Renaissance festival that truly got me hooked on this place. (I had been a regular festival goer for nine years by then.) The get togethers were my favorite part about being a member here before we moved and haven't been able to attend any since. I can't help but feel that those who haven't had the priveledge of attending any RL gatherings are missing out on a truly awesome and inspiring experience. The people I've met because of TV are some of the greatest I have ever known. (Of course, this also applies to those who I've only gotten to know on the boards but a RL meeting takes it to a whole other level.)
- What kind of music do you like?
I listen mostly to rennaissance music. I play rock/metal. Those two genre's are certainly on top. I love folk and classical. Bluegrass is good if I'm in the mood for it.
- What are your favorite movies?
Love comedies. Adam Sandler, Monty Python, Princess Bride and the like were all instant classics for me. I'm a SW, LotR and HP geek as well.
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
No. Wait...Do kids count?
- What languages do you speak?
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I can remember wanting to be a stunt man at one point.
- Thom or Juilin?
Thom. He was a bard.
- Sword or Spear?
Sword. Always had a love for the forms and such.
- Day or night?
I love the tranquility of the night. The stars, the moon. The bustle of life slows down and peace descends.
- Candy or cookies?
Ooh, why must one choose? Candy or cookies? Cookies! Especially fresh out of the oven
- A short bio about yourself.
Real name is Dan. 38 years old at the time of this interview. Born and raised in Michigan. Married to the incredible Velaris of the Grays. Adopted her two kids from a previous marriage (and now my hairline is receding and turning white. lol). Never had any kids of my own. Moved to Georgia almost three years ago. Don't miss the snow! Trying very hard to get back to Michigan despite that fact. *lol* Seems redundant to say this but: Love reading fantasy. First time I went to renfest it felt like coming home. Never missed a fest season in 11 years before moving. Also love fine craft-brewed ales. We had a brewpub right up the road from me for many years and they brewed the most tasty and strong ales! I discovered both the renfest and craft-brewed beer the same year so the two will always go hand in hand to me. Played guitar in a rock/metal band for many years before moving. Never had anything resembling success but always had a great time. Miss the stage immensely. I can't imagine my life without the support and friendships I've made here at Tar Valon.