From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||June 6, 2006|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: June 12, 2006
- Joined Tower: July 12, 2006
- Raised Accepted: November 10, 2006
- Raised Aes Sedai: April 27, 2007
- Heart of the Green Ajah Ajah: July 3, 2007 - January 1, 2008
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: January 1, 2009 - March 2, 2009
- Current Events Forum Moderator: January 1, 2009 - March 2, 2009
- Member's Choice Award: "The Jaws of Life" - 2011
- Member's Choice Award: "Most Inspirational" - 2009
- Member's Choice Award: "Best Mentor" - 2008
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
January 31, 2008
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I enjoyed every phase of my membership, but appreciated my time in the Tower more than my time as a Citizen because I had access to more forums and smaller groups of people.
- Why did you choose Green?
When I define the Green Ajah, I define myself. I love and hate with a passion. I give everything I have to everything I do. I never quit, and I never let those I love quit. If I fall, I get back up, every time, sometimes with my Sisters' help. If my Sisters fall, and can't get up, I help them. I'll never let someone I love quit, even if they end up hating me for it. I love with all my heart and soul and would do anything for my family. I would protect my husband and children to the death, and would willingly die for any of them. I would go to almost the same extremes for a true friend, Sister, or Brother.
- Are you like the Greens in the Books?
I do have a mercurial temper, but as for which Green Sedai in the books I resemble, it would have to be overwhelmingly Vandene, with a touch of Cadsuane.
- Do you like to party, love men and are you a sucker for fashion and make up?
I enjoy small gatherings with friends, not partying. I love men in the sense that I have loads of male friends that I see as equals and I like being around men. I like joking with them, and see them as Brothers, or Brothers-in-Arms. I loathe fashion (unless 100% cotton is fashionable), and I don't generally wear makeup except on special occasions. Incidentally, I detest this stereotype of the Green Ajah and do what I can do dispell it.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
Moah, Gaidin of Dai M'Hael.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Currently, I do not hold any site positions.
- How did you get to read the Series?
My friend Nick sent me a promotional copy of the first half of Eye of the World. I set it aside for ages as being too much of a slow starter. Later I picked it up again and was hooked.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I currently have no mentees.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
I couldn't really say. That has changed many times as the series has progressed. Aviendha was my favorite character for a long time until she got all gushy over Rand. Now she irritates me. My favourite nation is probably Shienar at this point.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Yes. I enjoyed them very much. Unless they are unable to attend because of age, infirmity, or finances, I don't consider people who do not attend RL functions as full members of the site. I see our community as more of a RL community with an Internet aspect than the other way around. I find it important because, for me, RL interaction makes or breaks a friendship in a lot of ways.
- What kind of music do you like?
Mostly alternative music. Just like with movies, I like different music from different genres, depending on my mood.
- What are your favorite movies?
I have too many to name here. I am a huge film buff and love all different movies from all different genres for different reasons.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
It's a toss-up. I don't know if it was auditioning for a musical in high school even though I can't sing, or hanging over a 100-foot cliff by a tuft of grass to get a picture of a bird's nest.
- What job do you have?
I currently work as an editor and translator (Dutch to English). When I lived in the U.S. I was a lawyer, but I officially retired from that profession years ago and have no desire whatsoever to return to it.
- Do you have a pet?
Yes. I have a dog, Pepper, and two cats, Scooter and Sam.
- What languages do you speak?
English and Dutch.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a lawyer.
- Elayne or Cadsuane?
Cadsuane. I really dislike Elayne.
- Aiel or Atha'an Miere?
That's a tough one, but I'd have to say I'm slightly fonder of the Aiel than the Atha'an Miere.
- Winter or summer?
Winter if I live somewhere there's loads of snow. Otherwise, summer.
- Day or night?
Night, all the way.
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 43 and am married to Cedric Chang here on the site and we have two amazing kids, Alex and Lizzy, from China. I was raised in upstate New York, and, after considerable soul-searching, I moved to the Netherlands in 1997. My hobbies are reading, machine embroidery/sewing, and walking. I have two really close friends here, both American guys (one gay, one married to a Dutchwoman), and I love getting together with them and talking politics, joking around, having a drink or two, and watching DVDs.