From Tar Valon Library
Careane Fransi is an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah who was sent to Ebou Dar as an ambassador for the rebel Aes Sedai (ACoS, Ch. 30). She is the weakest of the three sisters sent (TPoD, Ch. 6). She was a novice around 70 years earlier and knew Zarya Alkaese (TPoD, Ch. 28). After Adeleas is killed, she is one of the three suspects and when it is confirmed she is one of the Black Ajah, Vandene kills her (KoD, Ch. 31). She is stocky (WH, Ch. 7) though not stout and has arms and shoulders as wide as most men (ACoS, Ch. 30). She is from Arad Doman (ACoS, Ch. 30). She has little ability with Healing (CoT, Ch. 10).
- She has three Warders, Cieryl Arjuna, Venr Kosaan, and Tavan.
- She was a novice with Zarya for a couple of years (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- She is in Ebou Dar with Sareitha and Merilille, as one of the three sisters sent by the rebels as an embassy (ACoS, Ch. 15).
- She takes the Seat of Pardon when Elayne is tried for revealing herself to the Kin (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- She goes with the other Aes Sedai to see the Kin (ACoS, Ch. 31).
- She Travels with the others to the Kin's farm (TPoD, Ch. 1).
- She is not part of the circle that uses the Bowl of the Winds as she is not strong enough (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- She teaches Windfinders in the Palace (WH, Ch. 27).
- She murders several of the Kin, including Reanne and Mirane Larinen to try and frighten the Kin into fleeing (KoD, Ch. 17).
- She goes to arrest the Black Ajah, linked with Vandene with Vandene controlling (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Marillin tells the Black Ajah to spare Careane as she is one of them, but Vandene kills her on hearing this (KoD, Ch. 31).
Careane was one of those who gave her horse the sort of affection most people reserved for infants. (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 2)
“A gift from Adeleas.” (Vandene, as she kills Careane; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 31)