From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Erim's hair is bright red, though nearly half of it has turned white (TSR, Ch. 57). His eyes are green and as strong as any younger man's, he has big hands, wide and long and hard, strong arms, and a pugnacious jaw. He is taller than Dhearic (TFoH, Ch. 2; LoC, Ch. 4).
- Erim arrives at Alcair Dal. Along with the other clan chiefs, he looks disapproving upon learning that Couladin went to Rhuidean without the permission of the Wise Ones. He suggests that they go apart to talk in order to decide whether Rand or Couladin is the true Car'a'carn, and stands in stony silence with Bael, Jheran, and Han when Rand reveals the secret of Rhuidean to the gathered Aiel. Rand thinks to himself that they know the truth, now, that he is the Car'a'carn. Erim, along with the others, proclaims him to be the Car'a'carn (TSR, Ch. 57).
- Erim stays to support Rand (TSR, Ch. 58).
- Erim is with Rand, Bael, Bruan, Han, Jheran, and Rhuarc in Rhuidean. They discuss the other clan chiefs. Erim claims that Timolan, one of the chiefs who has not yet joined Rand, "does not let his feet know which way he will jump until after he has leaped". They also discuss Couladin and the Shaido, and the Aiel who have left their clans because of Rand's revelation at Alcair Dal. Before the clan chiefs leave the meeting, Rand tells them to bring in the rest of the clans and to keep an eye on the Shaido (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- Han tells Rand that the Reyn, Miagoma, and Shiande clans are moving; Rhuarc adds that the Shaido are moving for Jangai Pass, though it is too early to tell if the other clans are moving to join with Couladin or not. Erim comments that if Couladin means to cross the Jangai Pass, they cannot catch him (TFoH, Ch. 6).
- Rand meets with Bael, Bruan, Dhearic, Erim, Han, Jheran, Rhuarc, Lan, and Weiramon to discuss the impending battle with the Shaido (TFoH, Ch. 42).
- On the day of the battle against the Shaido, the clan chiefs meet with Rand once more for a few final words, to report that their men are in position and ready. Erim is wearing a slight smile and says that it is a good day to see the end of the Shaido (TFoH, Ch. 43).
- During the battle, an Aiel warrior named Seirin brings word to Rand from Han; the clans to the east are moving towards each other. Han means to join with Dhearic and has sent to Erim to join them (TFoH, Ch. 44).
- Erim is now with Rand's army on the Plains of Maredo, along with Bruan, Dhearic, Han, and Jheran (LoC, Ch. 4).
- Rand meets with his forces on the Plains of Maredo, which are made up of Aiel, Tairens and Cairhienin. They discuss Sammael. When Rand leaves after the meeting, the clan chiefs accompany him from the tent and speak some more. Erim asks Rand if the Tairens told him about the rebel Tairens (Darlin, Tedosian, and Estanda), and Rand replies that they did. When Rand tells the clan chiefs that they are not to move against Sammael's Illianers until Mat arrives, Han says that they are wasting time, and Jheran and Erim agree (LoC, Ch. 4).
- He thinks that the Shaido were ever cowards and thieves (TFoH, Ch. 22).
- He tells Rand that to send people to their societies among the Shaido in order to spy is something that no one of honor would do (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- He thinks that Treekillers are fit for nothing except to be killed or sold as animals in Shara (TFoH, Ch. 2).
"Have you no respect for custom and law, Shaido? Have you no honor? Stand silent here." (Erim to Couladin at Alcair Dal; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 57)
"Treekillers are fit for nothing except to be killed or sold as animals in Shara," Erim said grimly. (Erim to Rand and the other clan chiefs; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 2)