From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
(Reference: The Shadow Rising, Chapter 8)
- He finds a note with Carleon's handwriting uncovering the affair between him and Alteima. What Tedosian does not know is that the note was forged and slipped to him by Thom, who wants to fuel the enmity between the nobles to distract them from plotting against Rand (TSR, Ch. 4).
- When Rand orders the taxes to be lowered, Carleon and the other High Lords tried to talk against it at first, but they could not oppose the Dragon Reborn (TSR, Ch. 8).
- Tedosian kills Carleon, making it look like a hunting accident. Alteima poisons him when she finds out (TSR, Ch. 17).
- When Rand sends several High Lords and Ladies out of Tear, he has Tedosian moved into High Lady Estanda's chambers. Estanda is to care for him in Alteima's absence (TSR, Ch. 21).
- Alteima talks about her husband with Morgase and silently hopes that he will die soon. Under Compulsion, she tells Rahvin that she fled from Tear out of fear that Tedosian and Estanda will kill her (TFoH, Ch. 1).
- When Rand is meeting the Tairen and Cairhienin nobles, Weiramon tells him that Tedosian is among the Tairens to rebel against the Dragon Reborn (LoC, Ch. 4). Sebban Balwer's agents have convinced him to join High Lord Darlin in open rebellion (LoC, Ch. 9).
- Merana Ambrey approaches Tedosian and Estanda to talk them out of the siege on the Stone of Tear (CoT, Ch. 18).
- Merana and Rafela settle an agreement with the besiegers that sees their titles and lands restored and Darlin on the throne of Tear. Tedosian does not seem to mind swearing fealty to him then and paying for the damage their siege caused as long as he will regain his privileges (KoD, Ch. 21).
It was said that he and Carleon were good friends, who both led the faction that plotted to kill Rand. If this was true, the friendship did not stop Carleon from an affair with Alteima. This, however, became his doom, because Tedosian shot him with an arrow - supposedly mistaking him for a deer - after finding out about it (TSR, Ch. 17).
The relationship with his wife makes one wonder why they married in the first place. Alteima has a liaison with Tedosian's so-called friend Carleon, tries to poison him and hopes for his death. Likewise, Tedosian does not seem to be happy at the news that his wife will be there for him after he has fallen ill. It was said he cried when Alteima announced that she would look after him until he could rise again. Tedosian also seems to be plotting a lot with Estanda, but their connections are not clarified (TSR, Ch. 17; TFoH, Ch. 1).
Tedosian wants to kill Rand and forget that he ever lived (TSR, Ch. 17), but outwardly he does not let on to it and plays in two leagues (TFoH, Ch. 1). Rand, however, knows that Tedosian's bows and smiles are false and that he is plotting behind his back. That's why it does not surprise Rand much when the High Lord rebels against him (LoC, Ch. 4).