From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
At first, Estanda contented herself with plotting behind Rand's back and smiling into his face, but eventually she joined some of the High Lords in open rebellion. After Darlin helped Rand and was chosen Steward of Tear, she and the other nobles besieged the Stone. Towards the end, they were willing to negotiate with Aes Sedai and finally agreed to lift the siege under certain conditions. Darlin was their suggestion for the throne, possibly because none of the nobles wanted to name himself or herself. Estanda - hungry for power as nobles are - surely would have seized the chance, had she been offered one (LoC, Ch. 4; KoD, Ch. 21).
- When Rand sends several High Lords and Ladies to Cairhien, he has Estanda care for Tedosian while his wife Alteima is gone (TSR, Ch. 21).
- Under Compulsion, Alteima tells Rahvin that she flew from Tear out of fear that Tedosian and Estanda would kill her (TFoH, Ch. 1).
- When Rand is meeting the Tairen and Cairhienin nobles, Weiramon tells him that Estanda is among the Tairens to rebel against the Dragon Reborn (LoC, Ch. 4). Sebban Balwer's agents have convinced her to join High Lord Darlin in open rebellion (LoC, Ch. 9).
- Estanda and the other Tairens arrive in Cairhien to join the rebels there; they feast and drink as if celebrating something (ACoS, Ch. 3).
- Rand asks himself what emboldened the rebels to move, what they intend and how he could stop or use them (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Although not mentioned, she must have been present when Rand and Min enter the rebels' camp and the bubble of evil strikes (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- When Rand chooses the High Lord Darlin as his Steward in Tear, the rebels do not come to support him (WH, Ch. 25). Instead, they besiege the Stone (CoT, Ch. 12).
- Merana Ambrey approaches Tedosian and Estanda to talk them out of the siege on the Stone of Tear (CoT, Ch. 18).
- While Simaan and Hearne are afraid the other High Lords may return from Illian and trap them in the city, Estanda would stand her ground and need some convincing before accepting the High Lord Darlin as Steward (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Merana and Rafela settle an agreement with the besiegers that sees their titles and lands restored and Darlin on the throne of Tear. She was the one to ask for regaining their privileges if they stopped the siege and the other nobles supported this thought. She agrees to swearing fealty to Darlin after his coronation and paying for the damage their siege cost (KoD, Ch. 21).
Rand knows that Estanda's bows and smiles are false and that she is plotting behind his back. That's why it does not surprise him much when the High Lady rebels against him (LoC, Ch. 4).
"(...) the occasional glances she [Estanda] gave Alteima were iron hard. Feelings between the two went beyond mere rivalry; had they been men, one would have shed the other's blood in a duel years since." (Moiraine on Estanda and Alteima; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 21)