From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Right from the beginning, the other clan chiefs were not sure what Timolan would be doing or how he would react when Rand succeeds in uniting the clans, but they knew he would come to Rand eventually. Indeed, Timolan joins Rand after a time, but he stays rather distant and is ready to leave again if Rand puts a foot wrong with him (TFoH, Ch. 2; LoC, Ch. 19; ACoS, Ch. 18).
- As a young clan chief he tried to unite the clans, although he knew he was not the Car'a'carn, and failed (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- Timolan and the Miagoma parallel Rand's course toward the Spine of the World (TFoH, Ch. 15). They stay to the north and send occasional messengers (TFoH, Ch. 20).
- He and the Miagoma follow through the Jangai Pass and are to be told not to take more than the fifth. Anyone who does will be hanged on Rand's orders (TFoH, Ch. 23).
- Rand prepares for several meetings, including one with Timolan and the other clan chiefs he has not yet met (LoC, Ch. 18).
- When he leads his Aiel north against the Shaido, he is suspicious that Rhuarc does not accompany him (LoC, Ch. 54).
- After Rand's disappearance, Timolan begins to think that Rand has abandoned the Aiel and that if it is true, he will see Rand dead and then return to the Waste (ACoS, Ch. 3).
- Timolan is not happy with the way Rand is using the Aiel and the Wise Ones supporting Rand are having to work to soothe him and prevent him returning to the Waste (TGS, Ch. 11).