From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- During the Breaking of the World, an Aes Sedai named Deindre had a Foretelling that involved Callandor, the Dragon Banner and the Aiel. This led to the creation of the Eye of the World (TSR, Ch. 26).
- "The stone that never falls will fall to announce his coming. Of the blood, but not raised by the blood, he will come from Rhuidean at dawn, and tie you together with bonds you cannot break. He will take you back, and he will destroy you." - (Aes Sedai at the building of Rhuidean; TSR, Ch. 25)
- "An Aes Sedai called Gitara Moroso, who had the Foretelling, had told Tigraine that disaster would befall her land and her people, perhaps the world, unless she went to dwell among the Maidens of the Spear, telling no one of her going. She must become a Maiden, and she could not return to her own land until the Maidens had gone to Tar Valon." - (Amys; TSR, Ch. 34)
- "The very first thing Elaida had ever Foretold, while still an Accepted , and had known enough even then to keep to herself , was that the Royal line of Andor would be the key to defeating the Dark One in the Last Battle." - (Elaida; TSR, Ch. 1)
- "He is born again!" Gitara cried. "I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slope of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun!" - (Gitara Moroso; NS, Ch. 2; TGH, Ch. 8)
- "Adelorna said Gitara had a Foretelling that Tarmon Gai'don will come during the lifetimes of sisters now breathing." - (Ellid Abareim claims to have overheard Adelorna speaking to Shemaen; (NS, Ch. 8).
- "The Dark One stirs in Shayol Ghul. The Shadow lies across the Pattern, and the future is balanced on the point of a pin. This one is dangerous. This I Foretell and swear under the Light that I can say no clearer. From this day Andor marches toward pain and division. The Shadow has yet to darken to its blackest, and I cannot see if the Light will come after. Where the world has wept one tear, it will weep thousands. This I Foretell. (continues barely audible) This, too, I Foretell. Pain and division come to the whole world, and this man stands at the heart of it. I obey the Queen and speak it clearly." - (Elaida to Morgase when Rand is brought before her; TEotW, Ch. 40).
- "The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade." - (Nicola; LoC, Ch. 14).
- "The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell." - (Elaida; ACoS, Prologue)
- "Some are the sort of thing anyone in the camp with half a brain and a credulous nature might think of - battles with the Seanchan or the Asha'man, an Amyrlin imprisoned, the Dragon Reborn doing nine impossible things, visions that might be Tarmon Gai'don or a bilious stomach(...)" - (Janya Frende about Nicola's Foretellings; CoT, Ch. 17)