From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Nevarin is an Aiel Wise One in Perrin's company. She has pale but sharp green eyes, long sandy yellow hair, a light voice and appears to be no older than Perrin. She reminds him of Nynaeve, even though they look nothing alike. She is a hand taller than Nynaeve and makes her "look plump," because she is "near enough bone-thin" (TPoD, Ch. 7; WH, Ch. 2).
She does not quite match Edarra's serenity (TPoD, Ch. 7), although she, like the other Wise Ones in his company, makes Perrin feel like he is facing the oldest members of the Women's Circle (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- When they are near the town of Bethal, they discuss who should approach Alliandre. Edarra decides she and Nevarin should go with Seonid to make she sure she says nothing she is not supposed to (TPoD, Ch. 7).
- When Perrin goes to the Wise Ones to talk to them about the Aes Sedai, they tell him Masema is a danger to Rand and must be killed (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- She accompanies Perrin when he goes to meet Masema (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- They return to the camp from the meeting with Masema (WH, Ch. 1).
- The Wise Ones shut themselves in their tents with Masuri and Seonid, and Perrin thinks that they are probably plotting to kill Masema. When he goes up to the tent, Nevarin comes out and asks him what he wants. He asks her how the Shaido will treat Faile, but she doesn't know. He gets angry, assuming that she must have a clue, but Nevarin tells him to not be irrational and to get drunk if he cannot control his thoughts. That way, he won’t need to think anymore (WH, Ch. 2).
- She accompanies Berelain and the two Aes Sedai to where the Darkhound tracks have been found (CoT, Ch. 6). She and the other Wise Ones allow Masuri to inspect the tracks (CoT, Ch. 7).
- When Masema regrets that Perrin will not let the Seanchan leash all of the Shaido "savages", she grips her belt knife, feeling affronted (KoD, Ch. 29).
- She and the other Wise Ones burn down the village affected with the Blight (ToM, Ch. 6).
- She tells Perrin that they have taken on the Aes Sedai as apprentices, as Rand has asked them to do. Therefore, he need not fear that they would kill them (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- She thinks Masema is a rabid dog and tells Perrin that Masuri thinks he can be bound to be used safely (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- Perrin thinks to himself that even though Nevarin does not walk around scowling, she usually seems like she is "searching for someone to upbraid" (CoT, Ch. 7).
- Perrin thinks she could give Nynaeve a lesson in getting angry (KoD, Ch. 29).
- She visited the Blight as a child (ToM, Ch. 4).
"Only a fool obeys another’s command to push him over a cliff." (Nevarin to Perrin; (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 7).
"There was no sympathy on her face, no expression at all. Aiel could give Aes Sedai lessons in that. 'Taking wetlanders captive is against custom, except for Treekillers, though that has changed. So is killing without need. But many have refused to accept the truths the Car'a'carn revealed. Some were taken by the Bleakness and threw down their spears, yet they may have taken them up again. Others simply left, to live as they believe we are meant to. I cannot say what customs might be kept or abandoned by those who have abandoned clan and sept.' The only emotion she displayed was a hint of disgust at the end, for those who abandoned clan and sept." (Nevarin to Perrin when he asks how the Shaido will treat Faile; Winter's Heart, Chapter 2)