From Tar Valon Library
Author: Eireann Namar
Seonid is Cairhienin and has strong feelings about the damage caused to her homeland since the Dragon Reborn declared himself. She has been described as reserved, methodical, and practical. She has typical Cairhienin looks, with pale skin, dark hair, and big dark eyes. She is quite short in stature.
Seonid is also bonded to two Warders: Teryl Wynter, a Murandian, and Furen Alharra, a Tairen. Since Seonid is so reserved, she does not seem like a typical Green Aes Sedai. However, when something is important to her, she is just as bold and determined as her Green Ajah sisters.
Once the Salidar embassy meets Rand after the battle of Dumai's Wells, Seonid Sedai swears fealty to the Dragon Reborn, promising to obey him (LoC, Ch. 55). Rand turns her and her sisters over to the Aiel Wise Ones, forcing the Aes Sedai to obey the Aiel women as apprentice Wise Ones. Like her Brown sister, Masuri Sokawa, Seonid was taken to Ghealdan with Perrin's group, in search of the Prophet, Masema (ACoS, Ch. 27). Seonid comes to believe that it is better for Rand, if not better for the world, if Masema is killed before he can really hurt Rand by his association as Dragonsworn (TPoD, Ch. 9).
Lately, Seonid Sedai's compassionate side has come out quite a bit. First, she loans her Warders to search for Faile and the other Shaido prisoners (WH, Ch. 2). Then she tries to help Heal the townspeople of So Habor after they are disturbed by several ghost-sightings. Seonid even asks Perrin if she may stay behind and help, but her request is denied. She tries to hide and stay anyway, but she is unsuccessful (CoT, Ch. 27).
- Seonid leaves Salidar, along with the rest of the embassy. Merana Sedai of the Gray Ajah leads the embassy (LoC, Prologue).
- The embassy arrives in Caemlyn. Seonid visits the Dragon Reborn, along with Merana and Masuri. Later, the embassy members connect with Verin and Alanna, deciding to form an alliance with them (LoC, Ch. 41; LoC, Ch. 42; LoC, Ch. 43).
- After it is discovered that Rand al'Thor has left for Cairhien, Seonid is chosen to follow after him with the remains of the embassy, now led by Kiruna Sedai and Bera Sedai. (LoC, Ch. 49).
- The embassy meets up with Perrin's rescue party near Dumai's Wells. Later, Seonid takes part in the battle of Dumai's Wells, helping to rescue the Dragon Reborn from the Tower Aes Sedai. After the battle, Seonid is forced to swear fealty to the Dragon Reborn (LoC, Ch. 54; LoC, Ch. 55).
- Seonid Travels to Ghealdan with Perrin's contingent, in search of the Prophet. Seonid is an apprentice Wise One and must obey the Aiel women (ACoS, Ch. 27).
- Seonid, along with the Wise Ones, advises Perrin to kill Masema (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- Seonid accompanies Perrin's group into Abila to meet with the Prophet in person (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- Seonid sends her two Warders to search for signs or tracks from Faile and the other Shaido prisoners (WH, Ch. 2).
- Seonid accompanies Perrin to So Habor to buy grain. She discovers what has been going wrong in the town and sees a ghost walk through a wall. She wants to stay and help and tries to get permission from Perrin to do so. Back at camp, she is present when Perrin questions the Shaido prisoner, Healing his arm when his hand is cut off (CoT, Ch. 25; CoT, Ch. 26; CoT, Ch. 27).
- Seonid goes into the cistern to hide in the fortress when Perrin adds the forkroot to the aqueduct (KoD, Ch. 26).
- She advances enough in the Wise Ones opinions that she is allowed to speak without their permission (ToM, Ch. 6).
- She goes to Cairhien to gather information (ToM, Ch. 6).
- She returns and reports to Perrin (ToM, Ch. 21).
- She tells Perrin that the Aes Sedai will not take part in trying to scare the Whitecloaks because it would be using the One Power as a weapon (ToM, Ch. 26).
"Seonid Traighan, a Green, mulled over every rumor from her native Cairhien and kept her own counsel." (Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 41)
"Seonid was very methodical and practical about her Warders, almost like a woman with a pair of prize wolfhounds she felt some affection for." (Merana; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 43)
"'And those Aiel,' Seonid's voice was tight; she was Cairhienin, 'men and women. I think they would have tried to spear us if we blinked too quickly.'" (Seonid; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 43)
"Seonid Traighan, all coolness and reserve in green silk, had been haughtily trying to ignore the Aiel women - most Cairhienin who were not pretending to be Aiel despised them." (Perrin; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 27)
"Your wife can claim a great House, and Berelain is a ruler, yet Saldaean Houses count little here, and Mayene is the smallest of nations. An Aes Sedai for an emissary will put the weight of the White Tower behind you in Alliandre's eyes." (Seonid; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 7)
"I swore to serve the Dragon Reborn, and the best service I can give him now is to keep this animal from him. Bad enough that rulers know Masema supports him; worse if they see him embrace the man. And thousands will die if you fail to get close enough to Masema to kill him." (Seonid; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 9)
"This is not hysteria or a tale to frighten children, Lord Perrin. I have never heard the like, but it is real. You must leave one of us here to do what we can." (Seonid; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 26)
"She sat her saddle stiffly, a pale little woman carved of ice. Except that her eyes were dark coals burning, and she reeked of affronted fury barely held in check. Seonid was mild as milk-water with the Wise Ones, but he was not a Wise One." (Perrin; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 27)