From Tar Valon Library
Author: Koralei Marin
Sareitha Tomares is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. She has only been a sister for a few years; she looks slightly older than Nynaeve. She is a dark, stocky woman with inquisitive brown eyes (ACoS, Ch. 15). She has a dark, square face (CoT, Ch. 11). Sareitha is from Tear originally. She has not yet gained the agelessness of face (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- Sareitha Tomares is in Ebou Dar. She is part of the group of sisters the Little Tower sent to Queen Tylin of Altara (ACoS, Ch. 15).
- After Elayne and Nynaeve have found the Bowl of the Winds and started preparing to use it, Sareitha is part of the "court" of sisters who question Elayne and decide what should be done with her for endangering Aes Sedai secrets, such as that about the Kin. Sareitha recommends no leniency and that Elayne should be confined until they all return to the Little Tower. Along with Adeleas, Careane, Merilille and Vandene, she is set straight by Elayne and told that she will now obey Elayne and Nynaeve, as they stand higher than the others (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- Sareitha accompanies the other sisters to meet the Kin and invite them back to join the Little Tower. She is amazed by the number of women the Kin claim to have and doesn't believe it (ACoS, Ch. 31).
- Sareitha is placed in charge of the Bowl of the Winds and carries it with her (TPoD, Ch. 1).
- Sareitha makes it known that she feels Aviendha's name should be in the book of novices. She feels the Kin cannot be trusted because some of them claim to be a hundred years older or more than any known living Aes Sedai. She doesn't believe that can be possible and so doesn't trust them (TPoD, Ch. 2).
- After using the Bowl of the Winds, the Aes Sedai are attacked by raken. The Seanchan use them and will surely be heading to the hilltop where so much saidar was channeled a short while before (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- Sareitha accompanies Elayne through Andor. She advises her to be careful of possible attempted abductions by Elaida or others trying to keep her from ascending the throne of Andor (WH, Ch. 7).
- Sareitha encourages Elayne to prepare plans for a flight from Andor should the Seanchan attack. She is particularly concerned with some of the books from the palace library. Sareitha is one of three sisters suspected of murdering Adeleas Sedai, sister of Vandene, and Ispan (CoT, Ch. 11).
- Sareitha and Careane are still with Elayne in Caemlyn. They try to find out information about Merilille and Talaan, but with no success. When Elayne goes to speak with her mercenary captains, Sareitha and Careane are sitting with them; Captain Bakuvun complains that all they have done is try to put them in awe of the White Tower (KoD, Ch. 14; KoD, Ch. 16).
- Sareitha is murdered by the Black Ajah when she goes with Elayne to capture Falion and Marillin (KoD, Ch. 31).
"Cold Streets don't compare to a warm fire and an interesting book," Sareitha put in idly, as if talking to herself." (Winter's Heart, Chapter 7)
"A wise man always stands in awe of the Tower," Sareitha said calmly, shifting her brown-fringed shawl, perhaps to draw attention to it. Her dark, square face lacked the ageless look as yet, and she admitted yearning for it. (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 31).