The Tower in 2007
From Tar Valon Library
- Main article: 2007 Annual Report
On September 16, 2007 Robert Jordan passed away. The Tower mourned together by reminiscing and sharing memories. Tower emails we switched to Google as a provider. The Library switched to a wiki format, and the Tar Valon Times began to be hosted on the tarvalon.net servers. The Courtyard forum was deleted due to its similarity to the Olde Warder and Hen.
- Main article: 2007 Admin Meeting
Major changes included splitting the Mistress of Novices to create a Mistress of Accepted position and spliting Captain of the Guard into Captain of Recruits and Captain of Soldiers. The Department of Membership Services became the Department of Community Development, with those aspects of the Department that focus on offline services become the new Department of Real Life Services. The Department of Community Development also gained two sub-areas with managers - Online Services and General Services. Meanwhile, the Department of Information Technology has been renamed to the Department of Technology. The Department of Moderators is created.
The position of Resident Citizen was created for those people who want to participate as members of the site, but do not wish to join the Tower. The test for becoming a Senior Member was changed to contain questions regarding the community and its policies and practices. Accepted/Soldiers can aspire after 6 weeks.
- Main article: 2007 Raisings
- Main article: 2007 Bondings
Fourteen couples bonded and eight couples dissolved their bonds.
- Main article: Anniversary Party 2007
- Main article: Fall Ball 2007
- Main article: Summer Europarty 2007
- Main article: 2007 Awards
The following Amyrlin's Awards were made
- Members of the Year: Dralyn Montsier and Zhareen din Narelle
- Philanthropists of the Year: Tinnlin Fundon, Muerandah d'Acre and Martele d'Acre
Also, fourteen Member's Choice Awards were given out
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2007