From Tar Valon Library
|Real Name||Erin McDermott|
|Location||Long Island, NY, USA|
|Birthday||May 8, 1984|
|Join Date||April 20, 2009|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 20, 2009
- Joined Tower: May 26, 2010
- Raised Accepted: September 21, 2010
- Aspired Red: January 13, 2011
- Raised Aes Sedai: June 28, 2011
- Servants of All Planning Committee member: May 2011 - present
- Library Editor: August 26, 2010 - present
- Heart of the Red Ajah: October 14, 2012 - June 30, 2013
- Sitter of the Red Ajah: January 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012
- Archiving Minion: April 21, 2011 - November 18, 2011
- Outreach Activities Team: May 22, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Online Events Team: October 5, 2010 - May 22, 2011
- Spirit of Bel Tine - 2011
Other Tower Relationships
- Married to Baryd al'Syeen
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- JordanCon 2009 - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2011 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2012 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2013 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Red?
I didn't actually choose it- it just kind of happened. I guested in two Ajahs at a time, and I kept staying in Red and switching the second slot out. By the time I was through all the Ajahs I realized I had never left Red. I knew I liked it the very first week I began guesting, but it was one of the first Ajahs I had visited.
- Are you like the Red in the Books? Do you dislike men? Are you a driven woman with her own goals in life?
I guess I am a little like the book Reds. I do NOT dislike men, but I definitely am driven by my goals. I don't feel comfortable unless I can be self-reliant, and I don't like to ask for help.
- Do you have a favorite Red Ajah character from the novels?
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
A friend introduced it to me my first year of college, 2002.
- How did you first get into the series?
I had been in a few dorm rooms at school where the guys had 0 textbooks, but this entire series. I finally asked my friend what it was, and he got so excited he gave me Eye of the World. I read it really quick and traded it back for The Great Hunt, etc. By the third or fourth book I just bought the rest of the series. I asked him "What do I read when I finish?" And he said, "Well you'll never really enjoy another book again, so you just start over."
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
- Favorite book and scene?
I like "The Shadow Rising," but I am doing a full re-read right now so I'll let you know when I'm done.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I like the Ebou Dari and Saldaean cultures. I would like to be an Aes Sedai, but realistically there aren't many of those. If I wasn't an Aes Sedai, I think I would be like Mistress al'Vere, but in Ebou Dar instead of the Two Rivers.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found TarValon.net way back in 2002 because I was looking for an RP site and I came across it. I didn't really understand its purpose, so I never joined. When the library was developed, I saved it and I used to visit it to look up info. I finally joined after the first JordanCon because I met some really fun people that told me to join. I didn't join the Tower until after the second JordanCon when I became a little more involved.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I work for an email marketing company. I live with my boyfriend and my cat.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Scrapbooking, sewing, gardening
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Whatever sounds good. I guess I mostly like Rock, and I certainly don't like most of the crap that comes out today. Some of my favorite bands/artists are Tool, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, Lady Gaga, No Doubt, Billy Joel, Eminem and Sublime.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Stardust, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Iron Man, Serenity/Firefly, Bones, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, Law & Order SVU, there are just so many!
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Harry Potter, LOTR, Hunger Games, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, A Song of Ice and Fire, Mistborn
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a teacher so I could always have the summer off.