|Location||Newton, NJ, USA|
|Birthday||May 19, 1990|
|Affiliation||San d'ma Shadar|
|Join Date||July 8, 2012|
|Bonded to||Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn & Jaryd Kosari|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: July 8, 2012
- Joined Tower: October 12, 2012
- Raised Soldier: March 14, 2013
- Aspired to San d'ma Shadar: May 10, 2013
- Raised Gaidin: May 16, 2014
- Department of Technology Staff: July 25, 2013 - May 23, 2022
- Warder Councillor for San d'ma Shadar:
- Tar Valon Times Staff:
- July 8, 2020 - January 21, 2021
- December 17, 2015 - November 30, 2017
- February 10, 2013 - December 2, 2014
- Religion and Spirituality Moderator: May 11, 2020 - October 5, 2020
- Current Events Forum Moderator:
- November 5, 2018 - June 8, 2020
- July 1, 2013 - January 21, 2017
- Company Commander of San d'ma Shadar: February 6, 2018 - September 8, 2019
- Friendly Face Team: March 25, 2015 - June 12, 2018
- Education and Employment/ Home and Garden/ Health and Fitness /Sports Fanatics/ Entertainment Forum Moderator: July 15, 2017 - January 26, 2018
- Honour Guard for San d'ma Shadar: January 1, 2015 - June 30, 2015
- Integration Focus Group member: May 1, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Keeper's Award: Moderator of the Year - 2014
- Extra Bond
- Bonded to Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: March 13, 2015 - present
- Bonded to Jaryd Kosari, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: March 18, 2018 - present
- Anarie De'Thain, Aspirant of San d'ma Shadar
- Mychael Ritoryn, Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah
- Wilin Stoneriver, Soldier
- Mewl Windrunner, Novice
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2017 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2018 - Gooding, Idaho, USA
Senior Member Interview
Why did you choose San d'ma Shadar?
I did not really choose SDS. I -am- SDS. The second I met a few of the gentlemen there, and read the wiki pages about what they stood for, and the threads in the SDS forum... I knew I was home. I could feel it. There is a certain feel to each forum, and SDS' feel captured who I was, while their code helps outline who I would like to be.
Do you fit the San d'ma Shadar stereotype? Are you obsessed with the female anatomy? Do you often imbibe copious amounts of alcohol?
I am not obsessed with the female anatomy, though I do appreciate it. My wife might disagree... but if I want to do my best to end the orgasm disparity between men and women, shouldn't I know what I'm doing? Takes study. Long hours. I'm willing to put in the work. As for alcohol... I despise any hoppy beer. I cannot abide the taste of hops. Most alcohol will burn my throat too much- I do not enjoy a burn. So I tend to like fruitier drinks, or sweeter drinks. My favorite thing so far that I have found is a good, smooth brandy, if I'm drinking something straight. Otherwise, I love Laird's applejack, mixed with apple cider. It's delicious, classy, and does the job.
What male character from the novels do you think would fit best in San d'ma Shadar?
Davram Bashere. Lan.
How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I was 14.
How did you first get into the series?
I had seen it in the library previously, but decided to read it so I would have something to occupy my time when I was laid up in the infirmary for three weeks during my freshman year of high school, recovering from an extensive burn.
Who is your favorite "hero"?
At the moment? Luke Cage. IRL? My grandfather.
Favorite bad guy/gal?
I'm a sucker for a good villain song, but my favorite villain is probably Randall Flagg from The Stand. Or Baron Harkonnen.
Favorite book and scene?
Asking my favorite book is like asking many parents to choose a favorite child... I can give favorites by genre, but not really a single favorite overall. That said, two do stand out if trying to think of specific scenes. I love the entirety of Stranger in a Strange Land deeply; I have no favorite scene there, though any moment with Jubal Harshaw is gold. I love The Deed of Paksenarrion, and without getting too much into spoilers, her ultimate moment of sacrifice and faith has never failed to move me. In the Wheel of Time, Rand's ascent into badassery from emo stupidity near the end of the series is great. Pretty much every book in The Dresden Files has an awesome scene, though Harry with Sue the Dinosaur is probably the best scene ever.
If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Borderlander military guy, probably.
How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
Found TV right after reading the series the first time, though I didn't stick around initially. I rejoined years later, and clicked with the community.
What do you do in "real life"?
I work as a small engine mechanic and manager of a tool rental shop for a large retailer.
Do you have any hobbies?
Gaming of all kinds.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Whatever music I feel like listening to at the moment. Classical is always relaxing for me, but it's far from the only thing I enjoy. I like almost all genres. The only ones I cannot enjoy are newer rap and techno; for rap, I dislike the content of the music's lyrics for the most part, and so do not enjoy much of it. Techno just gives me a headache.
What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
The Princess Bride. The Dune miniseries. LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, John Wick. The West Wing, Alpha House, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Supernatural.
Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
The Deed of Paksenarrion, The Belgariad/Malloreon, the Elenium/Tamuli, Dune (only Frank Herbert's stuff), LOTR, Stranger in a Strange Land, the Dresden Files, The Stormlight Archives, The Racer's Edge series, Dancing Gods... I'm sure there's more. The longer I sit here the more I'll think up.
What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
An archaeologist, or a professor of mythology.