From Tar Valon Library
|Title||Graphics Development Team|
|Join Date||August 27, 2007|
|Bonded to||Cathel Dreng|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 29, 2007
- Joined Tower: October 26, 2008
- Raised Accepted: February 13, 2009
- Aspired to the Gray Ajah: May 21, 2009
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 29, 2009
- Graphics Development Team: January 21, 2013 - Present
- Department of Community Outreach Staff: June 6, 2012 - Present
- Chat Operator: January 1, 2012 - Present
- Library Editor*: January 12, 2010 - Present
*Served unofficially until September 7, 2011
- Head of the Gray Ajah: October 10, 2011 - April 1, 2013
- Forum Moderator:
- Admin Meeting Discussion: October 7, 2012 - December 20, 2012
- Historian of the Gray Ajah: January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2012
- Classroom Teacher:
- Servants of All Planning Committee: June 2012 - December 2012
- Graphics Development Team: December 26, 2011 - June 6, 2012
- Department of Technology Staff: May 19, 2009 - April 8, 2012
- Dralyn's Archiving Minion: April 26, 2011 - March 7, 2012
- Dralyn's Merit Minion: December 6, 2011 - March 8, 2012
- Project Manager: July 15, 2010 - February 15, 2012
- Sitter of the Gray Ajah: January 1, 2011 - October 10, 2011
- Heart of the Gray Ajah: March 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010
- Assistant to the Mistress of Novices: May 2009
- TVT Reporter & Archivist (May 2009)
- Grayt_News!: The Gray Newsletter
- Most Artistic - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2009
- Gray Ajah Member of the Month - May 2010
- Most Optimistic - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most Likely to have the Largest Naughty Drawer - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most Likely to Plot Taking over the Tower - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most Likely to be a Cylon - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most Creative Ideas & Plans - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most likely to find a way to have her pie and eat it too - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- The Annoura Award (aka the Graytest of the Gray) - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2011
- The Gerra Award (aka most likely to get their pie and eat it too) - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2012
- Snow Leopard
- Gray Guide
- Gray Pieing
Other Tower Relationships
- Is Married to James Davion as of June 18, 2010.
- First-Sister to Yelenia Hylraren, Blue Aes Sedai as of September 5, 2010.
- First-Sister to Khisanth al'Danya, Yellow Aes Sedai as of September 4, 2011.
- Sister-Wife to Rhed al'Tere, Red Aes Sedai as of September 3, 2011.
- Sister to Kairina Verraile.
Official Event Attendance
- Arie's Sponsors into the Tower were James Davion and Marrow Rahien.
- Former Swedish Fish Roomate.
- She has sponsored Lythnia Roylin, Ghaul Ronshor, Kairina Verraile, Miya Kiyoshi, Karcea Deargen, Shyiana al'Kanyn, Deiria Sha'Veer & Dareth d'Rahien into the Tower.
- Participated in the Seanchan Invasion of 2010, and was responsible for the graphic banners during the event.
- As a Damane, Eira shielded and captured the Keeper Dralyn Montsier.
- Arie's Graytling baby animal is a Snow Leopard.
Senior Member Interview, October 4, 2011
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Gray?
There are many reasons I chose Gray. Of all these reasons, knowing I have a home where I am not judged and am accepted for who I am -quirks, history and faults included - is what made the choice so easy for me. What I bring to the Gray Ajah is only as good as the amazing things that they bring out in me. They are my Soul Sisters and I could not ask for a better group of Women (and Men) to be a part of.
- Are you like the Grays in the books? Do you enjoy following politics and mediating disputes?
I have a bit of every 'Ajah' dispersed in my personality. Some good and some bad. I am Blue in my drive for a cause and justice. I am Brown in my OCD for books, order and my general love of the written word. I am Green in my fierce loyalty to my sisters and I will draw swords to protect what needs saving at the cost of my life. I am White in my addiction to philosophy and and the more worldly questions that question the mind and challenge how we live out lives as a whole. I am Yellow in my ability to heal the Soul, support and aid in ways that sometimes defies the laws of medicine or even logic. I am Red in my fight for a stronger world by protecting Humanity with making the decisions that are hard to make. And last but not least I am Gray in my hope for peace, good will and an understanding of others that are far different than myself, even if my views are different and do not agree with theirs.
- Do you have a favorite Gray Ajah character from the novels?
Not specifically, no. I didn't really connect with the Gray Ajah in the books, just their philosophies.
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I have been a fan of the books since 2000, and about that time is when I stumbles onto Dragonmount.com which was the start of my internet book-cult craze.
- How did you first get into the series?
A [ex-]boyfriend actually got me interested in Fantasy. Wheel of Time was just one of many series that wet my tongue in this genre. This was way back in 1999-2000. I joined another WoT site and it pretty much cemented my love for the world. I read up til book 4 when I put it down for many years even though I was still 'very' active in various communities. I did not complete reading it, however, until 2007 and then once again in 2009 when TGS was released. I delightfully await the next edition.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
At first Siuan and Egwene were my favorite, and while they still very much are I have also grown to love Galad. Not for the typical 'too cute' kind of aspect but because I find that he is the one character that i can't entirely predict. He surprises me and with each book I have grow to add him into my list of favorites.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Graendal, as she is me without morals. However I have found that I don't like the way she's been written by Sanderson but I can forgive him as we're still getting the end of the series.
- Favorite book and scene?
I think my favorite scene, as hard as it is to pick out, is in The Gathering Storm where Egwene speaks before the hall and appoints Silviana as her Keeper. I always go back to it because of the impact that it made, and the tone set for the White Tower. That, and they deserved it and I'm glad someone told them off.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah, unless I am unable to channel, then possibly a crafter or one of the library Keepers in Cairhien or Andor. Unless I felt -really- brave I'd try and petition to join the Tower Guard and maybe be a Warder.
- General Questions
- What do you do in "real life"?
I am a "stay at home mom", but professionally I'm a Web and Graphic Designer. Or at least that is what I went to school for. I want to be a writer, and I want to work in management in a good company. I have learned that I really like working with people and managing projects and people. In that way, I take after my mother who went from Accountant to Project Manager for a different company. I hope to stay as versatile in that regard. After all, I'm not grown up yet!
- Do you have any hobbies?
Many!! I write Post-by-Post Roleplay, Knit, and Crochet. I'm learning to be a better cook but am more successful with baby food as my daughter seems quite forgiving and eats everything I put in front of her. I also Roleplay Pathfinder with friends on the weekends with my husband.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
My taste in music is rather eclectic. I am more likely to have a favorite sound than band preference. World, Poetically Dark, Ambient, Goth, Opera, Lyrical.. If you want a Playlist, you won't have enough room here.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Once Upon a Time, Merlin, NCIS, the HGTV & Cooking Channel. My TV watching varies. My favorite all-time movie is Ever After, with How to Train Your Dragon as a pretty close second.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Dark-Hunter Series, Anita Blake Series, Highlander (Karen Moning) Series, Anything by Jonathon Stroud, Tamora Pearce, CS Friedman ,JK Rowling... I could go on..
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a Vet but then I had this fear of blood. Then I wanted to be a teacher and spent time at summer camp and decided against it. Since then I still aspire to be an Author but I have some growing up to do still.