From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Doesine is Aes Sedai of and Sitter for the Yellow Ajah of considerable repute (TPoD, Ch. 26; WH, Prologue). She was born to a cuttler in Cairhien. She is boyishly slim and tall for a Cairhienin woman. Seaine thinks that she looks like a pretty boy, despite her elegant bearing (TPoD, Ch. 26).
She sometimes uses coarse language and has a tongue like a boy who needs his mouth washed out. However, when matters are serious, her tongue is as clean as any Mistress of Novices could have wished (TPoD, Ch. 26). When she is under stress, touches of her native Cairhienin accent appear in her voice (WH, Prologue).
- Doesine, along with Saerin, Yukiri, and Talene, find Seaine and Pevara with the Oath Rod (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Doesine walks through the halls, deep in conversation with another Yellow, and nearly walks into Egwene (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Doesine goes to Egwene’s room one morning to give her Healing. She uses the old way of Healing, which confirms to Egwene that Beonin has kept some secrets from Elaida. Doesine and Egwene speak briefly; Doesine thinks that Egwene has chosen a brave course, but that Silviana will set her straight soon enough. However, she does not berate Egwene for naming herself the Amyrlin Seat, and Egwene considers this to be quite a victory (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Meidani brings Egwene to a meeting between Doesine, Saerin, Seaine, and Yukiri. The Black Ajah hunters attempt to convince Egwene to abandon her claims to the Amyrlin Seat, but Egwene asserts her rightful position and points out that because Talene was a Black, Elaida was raised illegally. Egwene orders them to release Meidani from her oath to them (TGS, Ch. 12).
- Doesine, along with Ferane, Rubinde, Shevan, and Yukiri, takes dinner with Elaida. Egwene attends them. Egwene and Elaida argue, with Egwene gaining the upper hand until Elaida declares Egwene a Darkfriend and has her thrown into a cell. Doesine and the other four Aes Sedai witness the debacle (TGS, Ch. 16).
- The Hall raises Egwene to the Amyrlin Seat. Egwene reprimands the Hall for letting the Tower degenerate so far (TGS, Ch. 46).
- Doesine and Seaine fabricate a weave that alters what the listener hears, suggesting a possible way to avoid the Oath Rod ToM, Ch. 14).
- She arrives late with Yukiri for the meeting Romanda calls and stands for Egwene's proposal about how to run the war on Saerin's recommendation, without hearing it. She does stand for the proposal to give the Amyrlin and all Sitters time to attend any meeting of the Hall (ToM, Ch. 27).
- Like Saerin, Talene, and Yukiri, Doesine has recently been set a penance by Elaida and was humiliated by her (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Out of the Black Ajah search group, only Doesine knows how to work the Chair of Remorse (WH, Prologue).
- Doesine seems to suggest that they kidnap every sister in the Tower, make them swear an oath to obey the searchers, and find out who is of the Black Ajah (WH, Prologue).
- Doesine sleeps with her room warded (KoD, Prologue).
- Doesine seems to have gained respect for Egwene (TGS, Ch. 16).
"Bloody useless and I bloody knew it. Why I ever flaming let you talk me into this? Just as bloody well nobody else knows, or we'd have sheepswallop all over our faces for the whole bloody Tower to see." (Doesine to Saerin, Talene, and Yukiri; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 26)
"Blood and fire. Are you down here raising new bloody sisters?" (Doesine to Pevara and Seaine; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 26)
"She is bloody being flogged by bloody Trollocs. When they are done...She can see the Trollocs' cook kettle boiling over a fire, and a Myrddraal watching her. She must know it will be one or the other next. Burn me, if she doesn't break this time..." (Doesine to Pevara, Saerin, Seaine, and Yukiri about Talene; Winter's Heart, Prologue)
"The Trollocs are dragging her toward the kettle. I -- I do not know if I can...can flaming make myself..." (Doesine to Pevara, Saerin, Seaine, and Yukiri about Talene; Winter's Heart, Prologue)
Doesine snorted again, though not in contempt, Egwene thought. “A brave course, child. Still, my wager is that Silviana will bloody well have you sitting straight and walking right before much longer.” But she left without calling Egwene down for naming herself the Amyrlin Seat. (Doesine to Egwene; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 24)
Across the room, Doesine nodded to Egwene, almost in respect. It was an indication of something. "I'm here because you said that this sort of thing was important," it seemed to say. (Egwene about Doesine at dinner with Elaida; The Gathering Storm, Chapter 16)