From Tar Valon Library
Author: Toral Delvar
- When Bashere tries to stab Rand, he draws his sword and runs towards him, with a shout of "die" (LoC, Ch. 1).
- After Elenia is kidnapped by Arymilla, he signs the pledge to support Arymilla, but keeps close in case he has a chance to break Elenia free (CoT, Ch. 15). He does this in writing, so repudiating it would damage the house severely (KoD, Ch. 17).
- After she has been captured, Arymilla expects to keep Jarid's support, but Elenia says he will do what he can to save Sarand (KoD, Ch. 33).
- He takes off with a large group of armsmen, including men from Houses that have now sided with Elayne, once Elenia and Arymilla are taken. Elayne thinks he will cause trouble (KoD, Ch. 35).
- He is one of the last holdouts to Elayne's rule (ToM, Ch. 11) and his army cannot be found (ToM, Ch. 50).
He is married to Elenia, who can persuade him to do almost anything (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Though he is High Seat, the drive and ambition for the House comes from Elenia (LoC, Ch. 1).
- He is an honorable man, but Elenia is able to persuade him to put aside his honor (CoT, Ch. 15).
"If Naean's people have them, she will offer the same choices to Elenia, but Jarid will go on a rampage against Arawn unless Elenia tells him not to, and she won't if she thinks he has any hope of rescuing her" (Elayne; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 7).