From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||November 23, 2006|
|Bonded to||Kelgan al'Moranwin of Dai M'Hael|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 23, 2006
- Joined Tower: January 6, 2007
- Raised Accepted: April 13, 2007
- Aspired White: July 6, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: February 28, 2008
- Archiving Minion: April 20, 2011 - Present
- Outreach Activities Team: May 22, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Human Resources Project Manager: January 1, 2011 - April 15, 2011
- Job Hunters Forum Moderator: January 1, 2011 - April 15, 2011
- Online Events Team: March 2010 - May 22, 2011
- Sitter of the White Ajah: July 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010
- Online Events Coordinator: January 27, 2009 - March 2010
- Sitter of the White Ajah: July 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
- Heart of the White Ajah: January 1, 2009 - June 30, 2009
- Online Events Team: May 12, 2008 - January 27, 2009
- Library Editor
- Camp Nurse: Anniversary Party 2012
- Classroom Teacher
- Ogier: September 2011 - February 2012
- Emoticons: March 2008 - June 2008
- Tel’aran’rhiod: September 2007 - March 2008
- Ogier: June 2007 - August 2007
- Kelgan al'Moranwin, DM Gaidin: August 2, 2012 - present
- Cassie Dainar, Brown Aes Sedai
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
October 11, 2011
- Why did you choose White?
I had said in my last interview that it just "felt right". This still holds true. It really did fit me well. I tried all the Ajahs. I really felt like I could have joined any of them. They all had a little part of me. But the truth is, when I thought of not going back to the White Ajah halls..... EVER..... well, I just couldn't take that thought. I missed being there and my second guesting sealed it for me.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
Nope. I can be logical. I can be extremely logical and I will use logic and reason to find the root cause of any event. But I have emotion, use emotion, and am sometimes ruled by emotion. Like a Cairheinin..... what is bottled up sometimes comes out in reckless abandon..... So I tend to NOT bottle it up.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
I don't have, but if I did I would probably choose Daigian. I mean, she was cool enough to hang with Cadsuane (whose character I love) AND bond an Asha'man.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I've been stuck on them since 1992, I believe.... Maybe 1993..
- How did you first get into the series?
The Librarian at my city library gave me the first few books and told me to "come back when you're done reading" thinking that I'd be gone for a while.... It took me about a week. lol
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Hard to decide... It varies from Cadsuane to Egwene, to Mat, to Tuon... Just depends on my mood I guess...
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Totally love Alviarin and Moghedien....
- Favorite book and scene?
This I couldn't tell you. There are so many parts that I love, I can't pick... I can tell you my LEAST favorite scenes are street descriptions....
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Probably have to say a Domani merchant... who is a retired Aes Sedai or a Kin member... Yay!
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found Tarvalon.net while doing a search for actors likely to play the lead roles in a movie adaptation. The thread I found was in one of the discussion forums, but I couldn't look any further without joining. This was my first forum site, and I was so invited by it that I stayed. I found so many people to interact with that I couldn't leave.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a critical care nurse in a hospital in Oregon. I work ICU, ER/Trauma, Cardiac care..
- Do you have any hobbies?
Tons: Reading, crochet, crosstitch, sewing, hiking, camping, hunting, horsemanship, studying, cooking, baking, cake decorating..... Writing, too.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I listen to most everything, but i prefer country right now, or Tartanic or some music like 5 finger death punch and three days grace....
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Farscape, Merlin, Xmen, LoTR, Transporter (all), Fast and Furious, Legend, Stephen King movies... there are others, but this is the gist of movie types.....
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I read a lot of Young Adult novels. I love the House of Night series, I like the Fablehaven novels, Lemony Snicket. I also like most Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms novels, pretty much anything by Anne McCaffery or her son, and the like.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Nuclear physicist. Or a sci-fi writer.