Lyoness al'Thorn t'Morsin
|Lyoness al'Thorn t'Morsin|
|Join Date||January 27, 2003|
|Bonded to||Jakeb Morsin t'al'Thorn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 27, 2003
- Joined Tower: January 27, 2003
- Raised Accepted: April 26, 2003
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: April 26, 2003
- Raised Aes Sedai: June 23, 2003
- Chat Operator: July, 2003 ? - unknown
- Director of Technology: July 25, 2004 - June 7, 2007
- Soul of the Blue Ajah: July 14, 2004 - August 2004
- Bonded to Jakeb Morsin t'al'Thorn, Gaidin of San d'ma Shadar: July 2, 2003 - present
- Melana al'Cairera, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Raevyn Tsornin, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Alessandra Estelle, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
- Faeril Munlear, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Married to Jakeb Morsin t'al'Thorn, Gaidin of San d'ma Shadar: 2004 - present
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2003 - Fairview, Tennessee, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Fall Ball 2003 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Fall Ball 2004 - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fall Ball 2008 - Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida, USA
Senior Member Interview
January 29, 2008
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah?
OMGosh a long time ago! LOL err sometime in 2003 I think.
- Why did you choose Blue?
It's just so ME. I knew I was Blue since reading the books. Though I ALMOST went Green after meeting some of the members IRL -- hence why I founded the TEAL AJAH!
- Are you like the Blues in the Books?
- Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
Hee hee yes I suppose I do. :P I try and travel as much as I possibly can. I love it.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
When I joined (Jan'03) I was Novice straight away. It was tons of fun!!
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Well currently my RL has got me quite busy but I used to be Director of IT and have mentored, taught classes, etc.
- How did you get to read the Series?
A friend from university saw me reading LOTR and suggested WoT. I got hooked and never looked back.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I'm bonded to Jakeb Morsin. To whom I'm also married to in real life. :)
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I don't have a mentee but my mentor back when I was a novice was Melana. :D She was Tower Voice at the time and shortly thereafter became HoA.
- Who's your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Moiraine hands down. :D Arad Doman. :D
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Oh boy soooo many. Let's see: Anni '03, Fall Ball '03, Admin Party '03, Admin Party '04, Fall Ball '06 (the one in Toronto I think this was) and COUNTLESS random small gatherings including hosting 2of my own. I loved them tons! I think everyone should attend a function because nothing beats meeting the people who share your crazy love of the books.
- What kind of music do you like?
Hmm, I like so many types. I love Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Latin Pop, Classical, Romaintic, New Country, Rock, Alternative, R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Emo, and the list goes on. I don't like Jazz or old Country.
- What are your favorite movies?
Wow. Again so many. I love Spaceballs, the Notebook, Back to the Future, the Matrix, and tons others.....Grease.....
- What's the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Jeebus. That's for me to know :P
- What job do you have?
IRL I am a Quality Assurance Lead/Manager. I oversee QA Testers and do Testing myself. We test web applications.
- Do you have a pet?
We have two black cats; Ender and Moghedien (we call her "Mog" for short)
- What languages do you speak?
English and Spanish fluently. I can understand French and Portugese and speak them on a basic level.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Too many. The one I stuck to the longest I guess was Psychologist.
- Moiraine or Siuan?
- Tea or coffee?
Tea. Earl Grey tea with Milk and Sugar. mmmmmm
- Books or movies?
- A short bio about yourself.
I am 29 years old and happily married. I have a 1 yr old daughter and a baby boy on the way (I'm due Dec. 31/07). I currently live in Toronto Canada though I did live in Las Vegas for a while after getting married. I also run a website/support group forum for those who are in relationships with Addicted Gamers called GamerWidow.com. I've been interviewed by the media many times because of it. :)