From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Silviana is an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. She, of course, sided with Elaida after the division of the Tower and became the Mistress of Novices (TPoD, Ch. 25). Silviana is stocky and has a square face. She speaks with a gruff voice (TPoD, Ch. 25). She has dark hair and large eyes. She wears her hair in a bun (KoD, Prologue). She is appointed Keeper of the Chronicles after Egwene is officially named Amyrlin and reunifies the Tower (TGS, Ch. 46).
- 999 NE: Silviana becomes the Mistress of Novices (TFoH, Prologue).
- 999 NE: Elaida sends an Accepted to Silviana (TFoH, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Alviarin asks Silviana to help with Elaida’s supposed private penance (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Silviana is repeatedly summoned to administer Elaida’s "penances" (CoT, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Silviana is summoned to administer Alviarin’s "penances" (CoT, Ch. 21).
- 1000 NE: Egwene is sent to Silviana after she is captured. Silviana tells Egwene that she is to become a novice again (KoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Silviana questions Leane to see if she is who she claims to be (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Egwene is sent to Silviana several times a day for punishment. Silviana gives orders for her to be Healed every morning (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Silviana decides that Egwene needs to be Healed twice a day because of the amount of punishments she has been receiving (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Egwene talks to Silviana about Shemerin’s demotion to the level of the Accepted (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Silviana beats Egwene, the severety of the beatings has increased. She wears a simple grey dress with red trim. She is tall, stocky and has black hair (TGS, Ch. 2).
- 1000 NE: She asks Egwene when she is going to give up (TGS, Ch. 2).
- 1000 NE: She instructs the Mistress of the Kitchens to hold meals because Egwene needs to eat (TGS, Ch. 2).
- 1000 NE: Elaida had been worried that Silviana was shirking (TGS, Ch. 2).
- 1000 NE: Silviana is reading "Meditations on the Kindling Flame" when Egwene gets to her study (This passage needs a reference).
- 1000 NE: Katerine tells Egwene that Elaida has decided that Silviana is to blame for her not been broken, and that she has replaced Silviana as Mistress of Novices (TGS, Ch. 38)
- 1000 NE: Saerin tells Egwene that Silviana stood before the Hall, told them Egwene's treatment was unlawful and demanded her release. Then Silviana denounced Elaida and called for her to be removed (TGS, Ch. 38).
- 1000 NE: Elaida told Silviana to take up novice white and Silviana refused. Elaida ordered her stilled and executed (TGS, Ch. 38)
- 1000 NE: Silviana is still being held while the Hall decides what to do with her (TGS, Ch. 39).
- 1000 NE: Egwene orders Silviana brought to her when she is about to be raised to Amyrlin (TGS, Ch. 46).
- 1000 NE: Egwene appoints Silvana Keeper of the Chronicles (TGS, Ch. 46).
- 1000 NE: Silviana is performing well as Keeper (TGS, Epilogue).
- 1000 NE: Silviana summons Egwene, telling her that the Dragon Reborn is in Tar Valon and has requested an audience (ToM, Ch. 3).
- 1000 NE: Silviana is present when Rand tells Egwene he tends to break the seals. She agrees with Egwene that he should not. She wonders how Egwene could resist him (ToM, Ch. 3).
- 1000 NE: Silviana tells Gawyn he must wait to see Egwene, as she is busy. After he talks to Egwene, Silviana gives him a disappointing look on the way out (ToM, Ch. 5).
- 1000 NE: Silviana tells Egwene that the eyes and ears report a massive war going on in the Borderlands. The Trollocs have begun their invasion. She also tells Egwene that the Sitters are meeting (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000 NE: Silviana announces Egwene at the meeting the Sitters were trying to have without her (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000 NE: Silviana questions Egwene on choosing Accepted to retrieve the dream ter'angreal and not swearing them to secrecy. Egwene tells her she is using them to spread rumors. She then asks Silviana about Gawyn and tells her to send him a message to come back to Tar Valon (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000 NE: Egwene asks Silviana about Gawyn. After she tells Egwene she has not heard anything, Egwene asks her to write him again and ask him to return instead of telling him to (ToM, Ch. 35).
- Silviana has considerably less mercy with sisters than she does with the novices and Accepted (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Silviana believes that anything that takes her attention away from the novices and Accepted is a needless disruption (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Alviarin visits Silviana every morning for her daily penance (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Silviana’s punishments make novices and Accepted wish to never be sent to her again (KoD, Prologue).
- Silviana dislikes forkroot because she thinks that it seems to be directly aimed at Aes Sedai (KoD, Prologue).
"Even to the Amyrlin, she made no effort to hide her disgust. Silviana believes private penance a ridiculous affectation. Penance was public; only punishment took place in private." (Elaida about Silviana; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25)
"Elaida seemed fiercer than ever since she began summoning Silviana for her own supposedly private penances. The whole Tower was still buzzing with that." (Yukiri about Silviana and Elaida; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
"A hard woman, Silviana Brehon. Fair, so I hear, but hard enough to break iron." (Leane; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 24)
"Only one woman in this room was willing to stand up for what she knew to be right. Only one woman dared defy Elaida and she accepted the price of doing so" (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 46).
"Men are not to be trusted" - Silviana (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 46).