From Tar Valon Library
Katerine had raven-black hair that goes to her waist, and hard eyes set in a sharp face. (NS, Ch. 5; LoC, Ch. 51) She also had a sharp tongue. When Katerine was Accepted, she would often speak acidly to novices and other Accepted, though she was milder than milk-water and all obsequious smiles when there were Aes Sedai around. (NS, Ch. 5). She was killed in Tel'aran'rhiod by Egwene al'Vere (ToM, Ch. 38)
- Katerine is an Accepted when Gitara Moroso has her Foretelling about the Dragon Reborn. Along with the other Accepted, she ventures out of the White Tower to take down the names of all children born within sight of the Tower at the end of the Aiel War. (NS, Ch. 3; NS, Ch. 4; NS, Ch. 5; NS, Ch. 6; NS, Ch. 8)
- Katerine leaves Tar Valon with Coiren's embassy to Rand. (LoC, Prologue)
- Katerine speaks with Colavaere Saighan, telling her that they plan to remove Rand. (LoC, Ch. 25)
- Katerine and the rest of the embassy kidnap Rand. (LoC, Ch. 51)
- Katerine is captured at Dumai's Wells. (LoC, Ch. 55)
- Katerine escapes from her captors. (TPoD, Prologue)
- Katerine reaches Dorlan, a hamlet just east of Tar Valon, and takes command of the Aes Sedai there. (CoT, Prologue)
- Katerine is one of the Aes Sedai who capture Egwene. She gives her her first dose of forkroot, slapping her (KoD, Ch. 1).
- Katerine sends Egwene to Silviana after she makes a mockery of Idrelle. Jezrail is forced to stop her from using too much physical force to hurry Egwene (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Katerine collects her from the Mistress of Novices study and give sher forkroot. She only sniffs when Egwene mentions the dissent in the Tower (TGS, Ch. 2).
- Katerine's face pales when they encounter a shifted tapestry (TGS, Ch. 2).
- She Travels to Dorlan where she tells Gawyn that Egwene has been captured (TGS, Ch. 14).
- Katerine is waiting for Egwene after her meeting with Ferane she tells Egwene she will do no more lessons, just chores (TGS, Ch. 16)
- Katerine and Lirene talk while Egwene works in the kitchen (TGS, Ch. 16)
- Katerine tells Elaida that one day of work will not break Egwene (TGS, Ch. 16)
- Katerine tells Egwene she has replaced Silviana as Mistress of Novices (TGS, Ch. 38)
- Katerine's name is on Verin's list (TGS, Ch. 39).
- Katerine tries to take over defence of the tower, but Saerin does not let her (TGS, Ch. 41)
- Katerine manages to flee before Egwene returns as Amyrlin (TGS, Epilogue).
- Mesaana punishes her for the failure of the Black Ajah to apprehend Egwene (ToM, Ch. 37)
- Mesaana lays a disguise on her so that people will take Katerine for Mesaana (ToM, Ch. 37)
- Katerine is killed by Egwene (ToM, Ch. 38).
- After leaving the Tower with Coiren's embassy, Katerine learned that Galina is also Black Ajah. Before this, she had only known the identity of two other Black sisters. (LoC, Prologue)
- Galina is twice Katerine's age. (LoC, Prologue)
- Rand hates Katerine, since she was one of the Aes Sedai who beat him. (ACoS, Ch. 7)
"Of necessity Black sisters kept themselves hidden, even from each other. Their rare gatherings were held with faces covered and voices disguised. Before Galina, Katerine had known only two to recognize. Orders were left on her pillow, or in a pocket of her cloak, the ink ready to vanish if any hand but hers touched the paper. She had a secret place to leave messages, and dire orders not to try to see who came to take them. She had never disobeyed." (Katerine thinks to herself about the Black Ajah; Lord of Chaos, Prologue)
“This was not caused by the Amyrlin, it was created by your foolish rebels and their betrayal” (To Egwene, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 2)