|Title||Head of Ajah|
|Join Date||February 10, 2015|
|Link to Forum Profile|
Previously known as Saowynn Ardashi.
- Joined TarValon.Net: February 10, 2015
- Joined Tower: April 15, 2015
- Raised Accepted: July 19, 2015
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: October 30, 2015
- Raised Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah: April 22, 2016
- Survey Project Manager: April 12, 2015 - August 12, 2018
- Social Marketing Team: December 21, 2017 - June 13, 2018
- Sitter for the Blue Ajah: Fall 2017
- Welcome Committee City Architect: July 9, 2017 - April 3, 2018
- Heart of the Blue Ajah: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- General Forum/ Frivolous Fun Forum Moderator: January 12, 2016 - January 21, 2017
- Outreach Activities Team: January 19, 2016 - June 14, 2016
- Amyrlin's Award: Volunteer of the Year - 2016
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Junior Member Involvement (Female) - 2016
- Feastday Award: Shaoman Spamathon MVP - 2017
Other Tower Relationships
- First-sister to Bryher al'Venna, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- First-sister to Nymala Ingasy, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
June 28th 2016
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Blue?
I loved with several Ajahs here at the site, but they mostly spoke to only one piece of me. Blue was the one place where I felt like I could be all of me. It's the site equivalent of swearing that comfy pair of sweats, eating popcorn and watching Star Wars.
- Are you like the Blues in the books? Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
I suppose in some ways I am. I've managed to navigate the corporate world pretty well so I can play the Game when needed. I'm very passionate about the things I care about. I love to travel and did a lot of it before I got married.
- Do you have a favorite Blue Ajah character from the novels?
Siuan Sanche is my spirit animal.
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading in the summer of 1996, right after Crown of Swords came out. I devoured the first five books in about 6 weeks, and then had to wait on the other two until I finished my last semester of college. No spare time for reading when you have a thesis due!
- How did you first get into the series?
My boyfriend at the time introduced it to me. I also had a friend at college who'd been reading them so I knew it wasn't just him.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I can't pick one. They're all equally awesome and frustrating!
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Graendal. I always understood her reasons for becoming a Forsaken better than the rest.
- Favorite book and scene?
Pretty much the entire second half of Lord of Chaos. In particular, the scene between Nynaeve and Logain, and Rand right before he busts out of that box. "I am the lord of the morning." Goosebumps!
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Oh, I don't know. I'd like to fancy myself as an Aes Sedai (though probably Brown or White instead of Blue), but I could just as easily see myself as Alsbet Luhhan.
- General Questions
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I'd actually found TV.N a number of years ago when I was searching for a new WoT role-playing site. I passed it by because it wasn't what I was looking for at that time. The site I eventually stayed with (Silklantern/Portalstones - one morphed into the other) finally closed for good in January 2015. I was pretty ready to be done with role-playing then (after 17 years of it) but not with the WoT community. I decided to try TV.N finally and just loved the warm atmosphere here. It's unusual to find such a long-standing community that welcomed newbies with open arms.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I currently work as a business process analyst for an insurance company (for those here in the US, it's the one with a duck mascot). My team is part of the transformation division, taking our old technology and updating it. Our team takes what IT builds and brings it back out to the internal teams that use it for training, issues, etc.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I still enjoy writing, but I don't think it'll ever be more than just a hobby. Mr. Sothron and I also play a lot of games together - MMOs, tabletop RPGs, board games, etc. I love horror/sci-fi/fantasy tv and movies and I love to travel just about anywhere.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
A little of everything except for country. Some of my favorites include: Gorillaz/Damon Albarn; Muse; INXS; Better Than Ezra and Sting/The Police.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Star Wars, Fight Club, The Matrix series, 13th Warrior, LA Confidential, Fifth Element, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Babylon 5, X-Files, Twin Peaks, iZombie...pretty much anything in the horror or sci-fi vein.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I love Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft, Sara Douglass, J.K. Rowling, Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel books, Roger Zelazny, Neil Gaiman. I also love the Hellblazer, Sandman, Preacher and American Vampire comics.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be either a ballerina or a truck driver. Or Darth Vader.