From Tar Valon Library
Author: Roshen Aldazar
Naean is slim, pale and beautiful. She has big blue eyes, and black hair (LoC, Ch. 1).
Her house banner is silver Triple Keys (LoC, Ch. 1).
She is quite intelligent, but underestimates her enemies (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Naean wants the throne for herself. She had at least one meeting with Gaebril/Rahvin when he was in the palace (TFoH, Ch. 19).
- Naean and the other Andoran nobles rarely miss an audience in the Grand Hall when they are in the palace, but when they find out that Aes Sedai have come, they avoid it (LoC, Ch. 49).
- When Naean learns of Colavaere's coronation and that Rand is missing, she declares herself Queen of Andor. Before nightfall, she is arrested by Dyelin, Pelivar and Luan (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Naean and Elenia are freed by an armed force while being transferred from Aringill to Caemlyn (WH, Ch. 27).
- The price for being freed (by Arymilla's soldiers) is to sign letters that state their support of Arymilla's claim to the throne (CoT, Prologue).
- Naean supports Arymilla for the throne (CoT, Ch. 11).
- Naean writes a letter that states her support for Elenia, which she gives to Elenia on the hope that she be included in plans to escape from Arymilla (CoT, Ch. 15).
- Naean is captured with the others when they attack the city. She almost falls to the ground when Sylvase suggest sending her to Jaq Lounalt to persuade her to support Elayne (KoD, Ch. 32).
- Her house is unable to pay a ransom and Elayne strips her and the house of titles and estates. Elayne intends to give her some in Cairhien as recompense (ToM, Ch. 50).
She has no known family relationships.
Naean was currently in support of Arymilla.
Naean told Elenia that she might support her if Elenia helps her escape from Amyrilla's clutches.
- Naean changes her support often, from claiming the throne for herself to supporting Arymilla to supporting Elenia. This is done out of necessity.
"I always say," Naean announced, "that who does not support me, opposes me. I've found it a good rule. Those who hang back may be waiting until your back is turned to plant a dagger." (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 1 - Naean to Rand and the other Andoran nobles).
"I saw Jarid yesterday, Elenia, and even at a distance he looked like a thundercloud, galloping fit to break his mount's neck and his own. If I know your husband, he's already planning a way to cut you out of this. He would spit in the Dark One's eye for you." .. "I'm sure you can see it would be best if I were part of those plans" (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 15 - Naean tries to persuade Elenia into including her in their plans to get free of Arymilla).
"Because if I am not included in those plans, Amyrilla might learn of them. She may be a blind fool, but she'll see once she's told where to look. And you might find yourself sharing a tent with your betrothed every night, not to mention protected by his armsmen." (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 15 - Naean uses blackmailing on Elenia).