From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||21 September 2007|
|Bonded to||Eli Soljourn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: 21 September 2007
- Joined Tower: 24 April 2008
- Raised Accepted: 08 August 2008
- Raised Aes Sedai: 17 September 2010
- THE Tea Brewer: 20 April, 2013 - present
- Sunshine of the Yellow Ajah: May, 2011 - June, 2011
- Heart of the Yellow Ajah: November 18, 2010 - May 1, 2011
- Welcome Committee: July 30, 2010 - January 1, 2011
- Online Events Team: Spring 2010
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
November 4, 2010
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah?
September 16, 2010
- Why did you choose Yellow?
I chose Yellow because, deep down in my heart, I *am* Yellow. I've found the Yellows on the site to be very nurturing people. They care about everyone and have such a passion for their family and friends. This was all something I recognized in myself. The Yellow Ajah is my home, and the women of the Ajah are my sisters.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books?
In some ways I'm like the Yellows in the books. It is not an Ajah we see much of except for Nynaeve, but some things that I think are common in the book Yellows are, first, obviously their desire to Heal, then stubbornness, arrogance, compassion, and the desire to fix things. I also see in them passion. This may be mostly due to Nynaeve's nature, but it's one of the things I think of when I think of the book Ajah. I am like them in that I am compassionate and passionate. But I also have a strong desire to fix things that are wrong. I don't like to see people suffer in any way; I just want to fix it.
- Do you care for people and love to heal things?
I do care for people. As for healing things, I've developed the niche of the family healer. When someone is sick, they call me to see what they should do. Even my sister-in-law who is a nurse. :P So I guess the answer is yes.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I loved every stage of my journey through the Tower. :D I was a citizen for seven months. I enjoyed every minute of it, and to this day, I'm glad I took my time. I was a Novice for only three months, but I enjoyed that time as well. My time as Accepted was my favorite. I loved guesting with all the Ajahs, and I think i was an Accepted for about a year before even Aspiring to Yellow. The women of this site are just amazing. There are so many personalities. It was a joy to be able to see them in a relaxed and open place like their Sitting Rooms. I was an Accepted for a little over two years.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I've been a member just over three years.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
My first official job was the Online Events Team. In my opinion, this is one of the best positions on the whole site! I had so much fun. :D Currently, I'm a member of the Welcoming Committee. This is a very fulfilling position, and I love getting to know the new members.
- How did you get to read the Series?
That's kind of a funny story. My family was heading on a long trip through Finland and Russia, and as we were leaving the States, my mom picked up a book she thought was a historical romance. :lol It turned out to be The Eye of the World. She was very disappointed, and since I'd finished my book, she let me read it. I fell in love during the Prologue. I devoured that book and then looked frantically for the next in the series. At this point, The Great Hunt wasn't even published yet! So I've been waiting over half my life to see how this series ends. :D
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I'm not bonded yet. Gaidin beware. :lol
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
My favorite character has changed over time. Currently it is Egwene. Mat's always right up there to though. Rand and Perrin were my favorite to begin with. My favorite nation is the Aiel. I'm fascinated with their culture.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I hope to be able to attend someday!
- What kind of music do you like?
I have very eclectic taste in music. It ranges from classical to adult alternative and most of the stuff in between. I'm currently listening to a lot of Jack's Mannequin and Barenaked Ladies.
- What are your favorite movies?
Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Holiday, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Mummy (both 1 and 2), and anything with superheroes.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Cliff jumping? I don't know, I'm not very adventurous. :lol
- What job do you have?
I'm a wife and mother. It's a full time job!
- Do you have a pet?
We have two dogs, Cassie and Jake, one turtle and two betta fish.
- What languages do you speak?
Just English. I used to be pretty fluent in Spanish, but I lost it from disuse. :(
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
And artist, writer, and veterinarian all at once!
- Min or Aviendha?
Min, but that changes.
- Sword or Spear?
- Candy or Cookies?
- Clothing or Make up?
Can't I wear both? If I had to choose, I'd rather wear clothes. I think it would be pretty distracting otherwise. ;)
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm a 33 year old mother of five. I've been happily married for 15 years. I love reading, spending time with my family, camping, and hiking. I'm an aspiring author, and when I grow up I want to be a midwife.