The Tower in 2021
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2021.
After the Winter 2021 Executive Meeting, the idea for Co-Directors was introduced for those Directors that need and would like the help. After this decision, a hiring for Co-Director of Technology was open.
In October two members from the Board of Director stepped down and the Board felt the need to open up the positions for applications from the membership. In November from the Board also stepped down the Koyn Amyrlin, Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin, which opened up a third spot in the Board of Directors.
In December it was announced that the Board of Directors has decided to create a new Officer level position, which would be in charge of the Membership and Community Outreach departments. It is a split from the Keeper's duties and it is meant to ease the work of the Keeper. Later it was announced that the position will be called Cordamora. Also in December, Serinia Edoras announced her resignation as Amyrlin Seat.
- Main article: Winter 2021 Executive Meeting
- Main article: Spring 2021 Executive Meeting
- Main article: Summer 2021 Executive Meeting
- Main article: Fall 2021 Executive Meeting
2021 saw big changes in the Department of Membership. First, some of the age requirements for the different Tower levels were increased - The minimum age to become a Citizen remains the same - 13. The minimum age to join the Tower as a Novice or Recruit is raised to 16 from the previous 14. The minimum age to be raised to Accepted or Soldier is increased from 15 to 18.
Second, Same Path bonding was discussed and announced as available in May. This means that now Aes Sedai can bond other Aes Sedai and the same for the Gaidin. The first Same path bonds were announced in June of this year.
And third, Aes Sedai or Gaidin who previously chose to demote to Accepted or Soldier to change their affiliation, now no longer lose their Senior Membership status, but instead are called Unaffiliated Aes Sedai/Gaidin. The demotion to a Junior Member or Citizen is still available if anyone chooses to do so. Along with that change, a change to the bonding dissolution procedure was also introduced - applying for a bond dissolution can now happen at any time during the year and they will not be announced publicly.
- Main article: 2021 Raisings
- Main article: 2021 Bondings
Sixteen couples bonded and eleven bonds were dissolved, six of them due to demotion. All but one of the bonds dissolved due to demotion were reinstated during the year, as the demoted part chose to return to (unaffiliated) Senior Membership.
- Main article: 2021 Unaffiliations and Demotions
- Main article: Maintaining the Tower Fundraiser
In 2021 the Tower took on the Black Ajah. A total of $2,806.49 was raised and the following prizes were given out - a Black Ajah clay token, Black Ajah shawl, a variety of Black Ajah merchandise from our Zazzle store with a Black Ajah logo, and a gift basket from Australia.
- Main article: 2021 Outreach Activities
Bel Tine 2021
- Main article: Bel Tine 2021
Bel Tine 2021 was held between April 15 – 22.
- Main article: Shaoman 2021
Shaoman 2021 was held between October 22 - 31.
- Main article: 2021 Official Events
No offline events took place in 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
It was decided that the 20th Anniversary party will instead be celebrated in 2022. However, on November 6, a virtual Anniversary party took place with a smaller celebration for 20th year of TarValon.Net, including Amyrlin and Members Choice Awards, toast and competitions.
- Philanthropist of the Year: Cassie Dainar
- Unsung Servant: Aintza Bisera and Alora Sionn
- Volunteer of the Year: Ilverin Matriam
- Member of the Year: Siera al'Cere
- Keeper's Awards
- Main article: Keeper's Awards 2021
- Administrator of the Year: Barmacral Tigana
- Administrator of the Year: Jahily al'Karee
- Administrator of the Year: Thaddius al'Guy
- Administrator of the Year: Stasia t'Andrei
- Staff Member of the Year: Polegnyn Nemeara
- Staff Member of the Year: Siera al'Cere
- Merit Awards
- Main article: Merit Awards 2021
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2021
10 awards were given out this year.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2021
In February Sa'areah Britthorn stepped down as Director of Membership after more than 8 years of service. She was replaced by Alenya Al'Roran, who in her turn handed over the Department of Marketing to Aleita Taviah.
In October Dralyn Montsier and Lireina Dormerus t'al`Bearach stepped down from the Board of Directors and later, in November, Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin did the same. Vivianna L'antreau, Calen Velervron and Alora Sionn were chosen as new Board members.