From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Furen Alharra is one of Seonid Traighan's Warders. He is from Tear, tall, lean and hard, with dark, almost black skin and gray streaking his curly black hair. He is twenty years older than Teryl Wynter, Seonid's other Warder (TPoD, Ch. 7).
- He accompanies Seonid, when she leaves Salidar for Caemlyn (LoC, Prologue). When the embassy arrives, they take up room at The Crown of Roses (LoC, Ch. 41).
- Kiruna chooses Seonid among others to accompany her and Bera to follow Rand, because her Warders can be useful (LoC, Ch. 49).
- The Aes Sedai and their Warders catch up with Perrin and participate in the battle at Dumai's Wells to rescue Rand from the Tower Aes Sedai (LoC, Ch. 54; Ch. 55).
- He and the other Warders trot alongside the wagons that carry the Aes Sedai back to Cairhien (ACoS, Ch. 3).
- He and Teryl are scouting around the town of Bethal. They ride up to Perrin's group and report to Seonid what they have seen. Furen says that the situation looks worse to the north with nobles shut up in their manors and the Queen's soldiers inside the walls, abandoning the countryside to the Prophet's men. When they come upon brigands threatening Morgase's group, Perrin shouts to Aram, Teryl and Furen to charge with him, which they do (TPoD, Ch. 8).
- He accompanies Seonid and the others into Abila. Perrin tells Neald and the Warders to guard the horses until they return from meeting the Prophet (TPoD, Ch. 30). When Perrin and his group are done, they meet up with the Warders and Neald and ride back to the camp (WH, Ch. 1).
- Seonid sends her two Warders with Gaul and the Maidens to go scouting for any signs of Faile and the others, who have been kidnapped by the Shaido (WH, Ch. 2).
- Upon returning, Furen reports that there are signs of five or ten thousand soldiers moving south. Perrin thinks that they are either Seanchan, Whitecloaks or both (WH, Ch. 6).
- He accompanies Seonid to So Habor (CoT, Ch. 26). Seonid wants to stay behind and has her horse's reins held by her Warders, while she hides from Perrin, who wants to return to the camp. Back at camp, the Warders watch the Shaido prisoner being questioned and want to go to Seonid and help her up, when she is weak from Healing the prisoner's hand, but she waves them away (CoT, Ch. 27).
- He follows Seonid into the aqueduct near Malden and then to the fortress to wait for Faile (KoD, Ch. 26).
- After the prisoners are rescued form the Shaido, Furen and Teryl are present when Seonid offers Healing, trying to watch every direction at once. When Perrin starts to argue with Seonid about Galina, the two Warders flank their Aes Sedai and observe Perrin, hands on hilts (KoD, Ch. 29).
- Seonid says her Warders have taken wounds that almost made her faint, but they never slowed even one step (LoC, Ch. 43).
- During his stay at The Crown of Roses, he used to play dominoes, stones or throw dice with the other Warders (LoC, Ch. 49).
- The Mayeners and Cairhienin with Perrin "seemed very heartened" when they see the Aes Sedai and their Warders joining them (LoC, Ch. 54).
- After the battle at Dumai's Wells, the Warders look like "violence on a frayed leash" (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- Being a Warder and very touchy about his Aes Sedai's dignity, he is furious when the Wise Ones shut Seonid up with a cloth in her mouth (TPoD, Ch. 7).