From Tar Valon Library
|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah, USA|
|Join Date||December 11, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 11, 2004
- Joined Tower: February 7, 2005
- Raised Accepted: May 4, 2005
- Raised Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: March 3, 2006
- Demoted Accepted: January 1, 2008
- Aspired White: November 18, 2010
- Raised Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: September 16, 2011
- Heart of the White Ajah: July 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
- Soul of the White Ajah: May 2011 - September 2011
- Online Events Team: May 12, 2008 - December 31, 2009
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: July 1, 2006 - December 31, 2006
- TVT Staff: October 2007 - August 2008
- Creative Articles
- Alena Mysana, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Neisa Alibrylla, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Tyeslan Al'Monhan, then Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Elia LePhant: February 2, 2013 - present
- Celinda al'Velis, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Adra Ceana, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
- First Sister
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
October 25, 2011
- Why did you choose White?
White was the Ajah that I'd kind of "written off" inside my head when I began guesting - I have always been ruled more by emotion than by logic (though I think I'm getting better as I age!).
The first time I guested White I was surprised by how comfortable I felt there, but I felt like I couldn't belong because of the logic stereotype. So I left White and continued guesting, but just couldn't find my place in any of the other Ajahs. Finally I had a conversation with Mother, and while I don't remember exactly what she or I said, suddenly it clicked for me...White was my place. As crazy unlikely as it could be, White is my place!
When I went to 10th Anni and met so many Whites, I knew 110% that I'd made the right decision in Aspiring. White is where I belong. It took me a heck of a long time to get there...but I'm there now, and that's what's important :)
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
I don't think I'd be a book White. Whether I like it at the moment or not, I have emotions...sometimes strong ones that I find difficult to control. I'm also horrible at math, which I see as the ultimate form of logic. Somehow math just doesn't make sense to me. If I were an Aes Sedai in the books, I'd probably be a somewhat fierce Yellow.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
My favorite White in the books is Seaine Herimon. I admire Seaine's resolve to do what's right by the letter of the law - that is why Seaine upholds Elaida as Amyrlin, but only until Egwene points out that some of the Sitters who voted for Elaida were Black Ajah, making that raising illegal. After receiving that new information, Seaine does the logical (but difficult) thing: She supports Egwene. Being able to change one's opinion based on new facts is a very admirable trait.
I also admire Seaine because she uncovered several Black sisters as a Black Ajah hunter. That took courage and cunning. And I admire how Seaine went to the Red Ajah quarters to recruit Pevara to be a Black Ajah hunter. Relations between the Ajahs were strained (to say the least) at that point in the books. Going into the Red quarters to speak with a Red sister was a clear act of courage.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I've been a fan of the Wheel of Time series since 2004. Somehow it feels like forever (in a good way).
- How did you first get into the series?
I read part of Nynaeve's Accepted test over someone's shoulder while sitting in a waiting area in late 2003. I finally picked up Eye of the World in April 2004 during a visit to Manhattan with my college's chamber singers. As soon as I got into the book I was hooked - though the first book's prologue did really confuse me!
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
My favorite hero is Perrin. He's quiet and was never one to seek the spotlight, but he does what needs to be done. I am also definitely a fan of Nynaeve.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Alviarin is my favorite bad gal. She's very human...you see her when she's strong and when she's weak and disgraced. I don't agree with any of her decisions, but she's a fascinating character.
- Favorite book and scene?
My favorite book and scene is The Gathering Storm, when Egwene takes charge of the novices during the attack.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I think I might be an Aes Sedai or a Wise One (or in training to be one of the two).
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found TarValon.Net through LiveJournal. The site has a LiveJournal community and I found the community during a search. I figured "I can't join the LJ community without knowing what the site is about," so I went to the site and joined that night.
I stayed and became a senior member because of the sense of community I found here. Tar Valon has seriously enriched my life. I go to as many RL events as I can!
- What do you do in "real life"?
I help people who are hard-of-hearing make phone calls. It's very rewarding :)
- Do you have any hobbies?
I read sci-fi/fantasy, and I spend a lot of time collecting coupons to save money at the grocery store and such. Couponing is worth it, but it feels like a part time job! :)
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I tend to listen to Christian rock even though I'm not even close to being Christian. I like listening to music that has meaning. My favorite band is Superchick, and I also like Matthew West.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I love Star Wars (the original trilogy more than the prequels). I also like Raising Hope and Better Off Ted.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
My favorite series, hands down, is the Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix (the books are Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen, with another coming in a couple years). If you haven't read it, go read it. Now!
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
When I was in middle and high school I wanted to be a choir teacher. I actually went to university as a choral education major, but I changed my major to English halfway through my junior year. I could have never predicted where I am now, but I'm happy with my life.